Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vested Interests

Options
  • 15-05-2002 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

You hear that set of words used all the time by only one canditate in this election. Mary Harney uses all the time when she states that its one of the reasons she wants to get back into office. I for one would vote her back in for that reason alone.

I have to say that for the first time in my 1 score and ten years i felt real warmth when the taxi's were deregulated. It rates as my top political moment of all time.

Watching all those scumbag taximen go ballistic was one of my favorite TV moments.

Now my arguement is that Harney pulled that off or at least one of her people did, because she could have taken the rap for it if it went pear shaped.....like my little brother, jaysus he got into some trouble over the years for **** I did!

You see, Bertie/bruton/noonan would never have had the balls to do that, but she did and I applaud her for it.

Then she went and deregulated the Chemists...

Next Aer Rianta? oh please god!

feck sake she might even get round to the local loop, now wouldent that be fun!

anyway my rant ends

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

feck sake she might even get round to the local loop, now wouldent that be fun!

The local loop has been deregulated, as has telecommunications in general. However the person charged with monitoring deregulation expressed "shock" - I kid you not - the other day at the lack of competition at the marketplace.

The proof is in the pudding my friend, the proof is in the pudding*.

adam

* Cruel Intended Humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by mm.ie
    Then she went and deregulated the Chemists...
    No she didn't, Míchael Martin abolished some restrictive rules, I haven't seen a surge of new pharmacists, have you? Actually last time I saw, people were pulling out of the market.
    Originally posted by mm.ie
    Next Aer Rianta? oh please god!
    So the PDs can get more money from Ryanair shareholders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cornell babe

and we certainly wont mention vested interests when it comes to mary's little escapade to the off-license in leitrem..?
    oh yeah id say you'd need balls to use the taxpayer's money so improperly and in such a blatant way.

Advertisement