Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious singer in the news

Options
  • 16-05-2002 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Without explicitly naming him, does anyone know who the 'millionaire rock star' is who is accused of traumatising Linda Gail Lewis and has got a British court injuction stopping his name being released? The story is here:

http://www.unison.ie/stories.php3?ca=9&si=752506&issue_id=7404

This is one of those Gary Flitcroft-esque thrillers where the person would be better off not making such a big deal of it!

Personally I believe it's VM, an ageing musician from the North, can anyone confirm this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

It is VM......fat f***ker.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This has been going on for some time.

I spent half an hour on the Net last week comparing time frames with what has officially surfaced about the story & came to the conclusion it's a grumpy bollox from Belfast. It can't be anyone else as the time frames don't match up.

I suppose the way the lawyers think is that if the singer's name is kept out of the news the Sun won't put it on the front page. "Unnamed millionaire rock star sexually harrasses Jerry Lee Lewis' sister" won't sell as many papers as naming the guy. Anyone with a few minutes to spare will be able to work out who it is; however if the story never hits the papers in the first place, people will never hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

I can only imagine this working against him....in my previous post I mentioned Garry Flitcroft, he cheated on his wife and by managing (for a short time at least) to keep his name out of the press he excited huge curiosity and interest for what should have been a run-of-the-mill kiss & tell story.

If Lewis wins the case his name will surely be printed anyway. Anyone read Liam Fay's story in the Sunday Times of a heated encounter with the accused? Hilarious......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

That was a good read. Liam Fay said he was so traumatised at the time it took him years to write the article. I once had the pleasure of serving VM's table at a charity coffee morning a few years back. Not exactly a heart warming experience. Uber-Grump.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

he he he, I offered him tea when he was pissed as a fart and he looked at me as if I had 3 heads, made of chipmunk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement