Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Wars Epi 2 (review) no Spoilers

• 16-05-2002 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I was lucky enough to go to the irish premiere last night. They had some stormtroopers and boba fett guys walking around to welcome people.

The movie is ace although everyone agreed that there is a "flat part" in the middle , however when the end section gets going it really gets going.

Ace movie! Much much better than the first, effects are the best ever, got a nice souvenire book at it too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Well I've heard two sides of the coin, where the ones who thought it was great said it had a few down bits there have been others I know (and are real starwars buffs) who said it was complete muck and not an improvement on the phantom menace.

I'm still going to see it because I want to follow the story and make up my own mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well Iv just seen the movie and feels its lacking in something.
    The effects are amazing.
    The acting is sooooo much better than TPM.
    The action is fast and furious but the slow bits are slow.

It just comes accross as another Setting the scene movie and lacks the story element that made the original 3 such good movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I saw it last night too, and I have to say it was my best cinema experience in a long time. It was waaaaaaaaaaay better than TPM. From the second the screen faded in and yellow title drifted away from the camera, I was hooked. :)

I will admit it moved a little slow in the middle, but that doesn't really take away from my overall opinion of the movie. To sum it up in a few words "Lucas has got it right this time".

I am going to see it again with some more mates. Myself and plastic membrane, Kharn and Ed, have nothing but good to say about it.
    there have been others I know (and are real starwars buffs) who said it was complete muck and not an improvement on the phantom menace.

Those of you that didn't like it, I'm sorry. Because the difference between you and me, is that I had a good night at the cinema, and you didn't :p

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 RFHost

I also have to say that it was an excellent movie and I completely enjoyed it!! I also agree that it was way way better than EP1. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I enjoyed it, I'm not exactly a huge star wars fan but it's a good film in it's own right, action sequences done well and the story was interesting..... I'm going to leave it at that because I don't want to include any spoilers by accident :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Everyone knows this isn't going to be the film of the year, oscar-winning material. It isn't meant to be.

It really is a big improvement on TPM though. I really enjoyed it. Muchos eye candy too :) Makes you want to go out and buy a lightsaber (if you could that is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

There was a kid who brought the doube lightsaber to the show last night.. it would light up red and everything... and there was a guy behind me that reminded me of the comic store guy in the simpsons as he said "Well first off that is SOOOO Episode 1...!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

We had a mysterious looking Jedi night in the audience in Stillorgin - pop corn kept floating around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I was hoping for something better than TPM, what I saw would rival A New Hope! (ESB still top dog).

Amazing film. From the moment obi-wan launches himself out of Amidala's (sp?) window (wasn’t entirely convinced up to then) to the end credits... I was glued to the seat.

Anikin's character is a big step away from the cutesy little boy of episode 1 - far darker and far more emotional. The Vader-esq. black robe was very nice - and the scenes he has with Palpatine screamed of things to come.

Little Yoda kicked a$$... Wasn't entirely convinced with the CGI look, but ultimately it enabled him to do things not otherwise possible - and make it believable.

Obi-wan makes a far better master than he did an apprentice. The last ten years seem to have given him a cynical wit.

..C3PO and R2D2 are fantastic as always, there input was lacking to heavily from episode one. Good to have them back.

All the acting was as good as you could hope for... big improvements all round from the returning cast (both in acting and dialog), Hayden Christianson should go far (if the Skywalker curse doesn't get him first... Mark Hammil anyone?)

Great action, nice sense of things to come, good humour used well (less Jar-Jar, more Jedi) and Natalie Portman.... that open back top... that little white number... with the tares.... and the nipples.... Leia eat your heart out.

The movie has everything. And then some lightsabers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

Well just came back from watching AOTC in Ster Centurys 'Big Fella'.
    After the usual problem in Ster.... which is where you are not quite sure if it is sit anywhere or to your designated seat, after much pissing around, 'sorry that's my seat' 'is this row D' we all sat down to watch and enjoy.
    1st 2 minutes the projector was set incorrectly and we had heads missing on all on screen, then it was resolved although it was still out as the cut off point was too close to anyone near to the top of the screen. This proved very annoying especially were the clones where being made as the alien types in this place are about 9ft tall.
    Any way the film is great, pure entertainment, too many good points to mention and I'm sure most people will enjoy it. During the middle it does get a bit dialogue heavy and my 6 year old looked a bit bored but it picks up to a break neck speed towards the end. Padme and Annakin are great together, the love story side of the film is exceptional.
    Anyway overall excellent, ster century - you could of ****ed it up, all you have to do is have more staff and the seat issue will stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Well I found the whole thing fairly lifeless, felt the same as Episode 1 in the respect that there was no emotional involvement at any time. I never felt excitement, fear, or other emotions one should experience in a well made film.

It did pick up about the time Anakin and Padme arrived on the planet to rescue Obi-Wan, and I liked the little side story with the Fett family :) (including the confrontation between Jango and Obi Wan)

I'd give it 5/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

After The Phantom Menace, probably the most maligned film of all time (its not that bad), i went into this not expecting much. Its not perfect, but i'll be damned if its not a good film. The sense of adventure has returned (mostly thanks to Ewan McGregor, who really is Obi-Wan at this point, he relishes the chance to be a Jedi), its stunning visually, and the final sequence is mindblowing. Its also got a really twisted sense of Irony, and foreshadwing of things to come. Best of all, Yoda and Christopher Lee do battle at the end, which frankly, made me cream my pants. The whole love story thing is not done very well, but for the most part, Christensen does the job well, though he'll have to work hard for Episode III, which has always been the one to look forward to the most..

The next day at work, i was trying to use the Jedi mind trick, and it didnt work. I think Lucas made all that up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Amazing effects
    Great Fight Scenes

Just the bit that ruined it for me was all the fuppin "love scenes" between anakin and padme drove me to tears! I know it was part of showing how he fell in love etc etc but arghruined what was a good film for me. Still not a patch on Empire strikes back, or return of the jedi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Just got back from seeing it in Ster Century. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a tad long but I was by no means bored. The special affects were A1, I particularly liked the scene in the astroid belt with the sonic bombs. Best light sabre fight as far as atmosphere is concerned. I'll be going to see it again on Sunday. You saw more of "Obi Wan" in McGregor's acting this time round. Only downer is we have to wait another 2 years for Ep III.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

In a word...

wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I'm probably the biggest SW fan I know and I will honestly tell you that Episode 2 is by far the worst film in the saga so far. Even TPM outshines this pathetic effort which clearly had no ambitions than to be anything more than a low rate B-movie.

The main thing that lets this film down is the romantic sojourn between Anakin and Amidala. Don't get me wrong, I welcomed this thread of the story coming into the film but the way it was handled was at best laughable and at worst embarrasing. Considering the great job Lucas made with Leia and Han Solo in ESB I found it amazing that he could get it SO wrong this time around. The following line really sums the whole thing up. Anakin says (to Amidala) "I don't like sand, its rough and coarse. Not like you Amidala, you're soft and smooth". Surely this has to be one of the most cringe enducing piece of dialogue I've EVER heard in a movie?

Plus points are that the space sequence are good and the performances Ewan McGregor and especially Christopher Lee are engaging. Pity Christiansen and Portman couldn't follow suit considering they take up most of the movie :(

All I can say is that I've never been so angry due to watching a film (probably part because it was so bad and part because it let down the saga so much with its ineptitude). Anyway, if Lucas wanted us to experience Anakins rage by making us sit through 147 minutes of utter rubbish, then he succeeded admirably with this viewer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Disagree.

I'm a gigantic Star Wars fan (also disillusioned by TPM) but I ****ing loved AOTC. It managed to capture the atmosphere of the original three (Empire in particular) while still making a really good summer blockbuster in its own right.
    Sure it did get a bit slow when it was dealing with the romance and political aspects of the story line but these were always broken up by some of the best action scenes I've seen in a long time - and the last half an hour or so is absolutely mindblowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Off the topic for a moment, does anyone know when episodes 4, 5 and 6 are coming out on dvd. Or do we have to wait till episode 3 arrives then wait yearly for dvd instalments of 4 then 5 then 6.

Caesar , my educated guess would be 2007 when all 6 films will be released as a box set. This is due to Ep3 being released 2005, with DVD release in 2006 and finally the "BIG" cash in before Lucas calls it a day.

Also Nekki, the action in the latter parts was woeful too. Everything was ok up to the "gladiator" section but it just took a big nosedive after that. It was 100 Jedi against 10,000 robots. Who cares? Then 60,000 clones against 50,000 robots. Once again who care?

I would much rather have seen two ships flying around giant asteroids than to have to endure this endless parade of people waving their lightsabres and deflecting laserblasts from mindless automotons. It's as though Lucas learnt nothing from that tedious land battle in Ep1 or the Ewok battle in Ep4. :(

Caesar , my educated guess would be 2007 when all 6 films will be released as a box set. This is due to Ep3 being released 2005, with DVD release in 2006 and finally the "BIG" cash in before Lucas calls it a day.

Also Nekki, the action in the latter parts was woeful too. Everything was ok up to the "gladiator" section but it just took a big nosedive after that. It was 100 Jedi against 10,000 robots. Who cares? Then 100,000 clones against 10,000 robots. Once again who cares?

I would much rather have seen two ships flying around giant asteroids again than to have to endure this endless parade of jedi's waving their lightsabres and deflecting laserblasts from mindless automotons. It's as though Lucas learnt nothing from that tedious land battle in Ep1 or the Ewok battle in Ep4. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭JacquesPompidou

Hayden Christensen can NOT act.

And it's nice to know the Jedi are a bunch of gay priests, N'Sync are in the movie as Jedi. Yawn!! Kick them in the NUTS

Star Wars is the franchise of franchises. Die-Hard people are fanatic about it

Why do fans like it so much? I think part of it is just seeing George Lucas' latest chapter in the saga up there on the screen. The die-hard cultists are just so pleased that they can live with the enormous faults: hideous dialogue, bad plotting and American infomercial-grade acting.

Ironically, Yoda is no longer even a puppet or a silly little muppet. He's digitally enhanced. But when the Gandhi of the Star Wars epic engages in a light-saber duel he literally saves Episode II from quicksand. It's remarkable, and I recommend he be nominated for best supporting actor. Yawn!! Kick him in the NUTS!!

Still, the Force against dullness is finally goosing George Lucas. To alleviate his usual cornball jokes and solemn mythmaking, Lucas throws in Jedi love (who knew Jedis take a vow not to screw?). And check out the babe casting of the lovers: Natalie Portman as queen turned senator Padme Amidala, decked out in belly-baring outfits Britney would envy, and Hayden Christensen as hotheaded Jedi-in-training Anakin (Darth Vader's inside me somewhere) Skywalker. Yawn!! kick him in the NUTS!!

Suprise part of the Movie
    Is the New Zealander from the great movie "Once were warriors" now A crappy StarWars bounty Hunter ?Yawn!! I won't kick this guy in the NUts, cos he'd kick the shiite outta me!

:D

I think i'll buy the box set on video, cos i aint waiting a further 5 years for the dvd set.
    Considering the fact the star wars is such a cash cow, i wonder will lucas sometime in the distant future ever make a 7th episode.
    I wouldnt be surprised, but if he ever did all the original cast would look senile now after all those years.

I can see Lucas calling it a day after Ep3 (he'll be 61 then) and handing the reigns over to Rick McCallum who will no doubt do his best to ruin whatever happy memories we had of Star Wars by making a long running TV show out of it or something :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Pigman
    It's as though Lucas learnt nothing from that tedious land battle in Ep1 or the Ewok battle in Ep4. :(

There were no Ewoks in Ep4 :p

Ep6 ok? Gimme a break , it's 1am in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The ewok battle in ROTJ was cool what are you talking about Pigman?
    Ok well actually maybe it's not that cool thinking back but I havent seen any Star Wars films in years, I used to have the original 3 on video but I have lost them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Kulgan

Im startin to think Lucas had just fluked it with 4-6. Thank god the limit of money and technology back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Probably my favourite Star Wars film to date.
    If not absolute favourite - joint first.

Anyway.. I want to start a petition to get Jean Reno into Episode III as a Jedi. I think he'd be much more badass than Samuel L Jackson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Good points: Yoda kickin ass!!!
    : Jackson still the man "this party is over"
    : Natilie Portman [need i say more]
    : tied the whole story together really well
    : excellent 30 or so jedi fight sequenece
    : better than episode 1, 4, and 5

Bad points: Bit overbored on yodas dialouge, got really annoyin
    : Jar-Jar
    : C3po - as camp as ever
    : no good space battles
    : still not better than Return of the Jedi

theres loads more good points but too many to list.
    i love the tiny little references, like the imperial symbol on the ships etc.....

Class film :D

• Advertisement

Just seen it, its fukin excellent. I drank so much water in the gym beforehand that 45 mins into the film i was about to pi$$ my pants, i didnt want to pi$$ myself so i went to empty my tank, i missed about 5 mins of it due to length of time it took me to fine a vacant toilet and pi$$. (What was the deal with Anikin and his nightmare, it looked as if he was having a really aggressive spank the ol monkey session).

It was kinda boring at the start then suddenly it just started to amaze, for a lil guy who can barely walk Yoda can sure jump around alot. Jar jar was hardly on screen so what are ya'll complaining about, not half as annoying as t.p.m, lets hope he dies in the next episode. ( He'll prob die saving the day in episode III).

The finale was very abrupt, i was expecting a further 20 mins of combat, then it just ended. Thats the only thing in my opinion that let it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    (What was the deal with Anikin and his nightmare, it looked as if he was having a really aggressive spank the ol monkey session).

Heheh - the whole cinema let out a collective giggle at that bit :)
    ( He'll prob die saving the day in episode III).
    Hopefully! After all, he did inadvertantly start the Clone Wars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Yoda doing a Matrix like fight was really funny, but I don't expect Lucas wanted it to look so stupid. Lucas would want to get with the present in regards to fight scenes now. They were dire, audiences are used to far more.

I saw it a few hours ago and it was only so so. A few good moments in it, mostly the darker ones, but overall the really crappy dialog ruined it along with the wooden acting. Jacksons line about the paty being over was retarded and didn't for the movie. He must have asked Jackson what would Shaft say.

Samuel L. Jackson was terrible in it. Hes was meant to be a badass mofo in it and all he did was thwack a few robots, I thought he was gonna get to take on Christopher Lee.

About Christopher Lee, he was cool. Jango fett wasn't great, he could have been so much tougher.

Overall it seemed to me that the Jedi are really skilled at what they do but they'e complete idiots.

The special effects I thought were terrible and really looked like cg, it was like watching final fantasy, really cartoony.

Better than TPM, but not by that much. Not as good as 4, 5 or 6.

The Yoda fight scene looked a lot better than I thought it would, TBH. He's a mean little ****, heh.

BTW JacquesPompidou, why don't you go spam the recycle bin instead. I hear it's the norm there.

Agree though, was much much better than TPM, not better than 4 5 and 6 (though I have my doubts about ep 6...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Highlight of the whole film was Yoda kicking ass! I ALLWAYS wanted to see Yoda with a lightsaber! :D

Anakin's actor was quite ****e to be honest.

Actually, I know a lot of people have said that, but I disagree. Ithink Hayden Christensen was fine. He played the part he was supposed to play. This battle of Anger and Love within a person. Mixed with a big of Jedi-silent-and-strong. Sure he wasn't the best actor in the world, but at least we don't have to look at the annoying little kid (from Ep 1) anymore...

He's meant to be really really good in "Life as a House" (which was out in the US last year).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

More of a trekky myself but I do enjoy sfx-heavy films.

Good bits

- factory set-piece towards end of movie
    - c3po's out of body experience
    - anakin's scenes in the desert - pay close attention to his shadow before he sets off to search for his mother

Bad bits

- Hayden Christensen's acting. Natalie Portman wasn't that bad though.
    - some ropey cgi shots.
    - no major battle scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

It was a pretty poor film

Acting was dire - the fella who played the young skywalker showed about as much acting abilitly as anyone in home and away. Though with the script he had to work with I think it would be hard to act.

I asked one of my friends who said he enjoyed the film what he thought where the best parts. His reply 'the cities looked sooo real and the sound of the ship was fantastic'.

That sumed it up to me, flashy special effects ( a good performance by Lee) and little else.

oh well, roll on the next one .................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

I grew up with the Star Wars trilogy and loved them all.
    The Phantom Menace was a huge huge dissapointmnet for me, so i wasn't expecting much out of this and stayed away from all traliers and spoilers.

When i saw it on Friday i loved every minute of it.
    THe love story seems to be the thing that got to most people but it was on the cards for the last god knows how long!
    ANd who could complain when you get so much screen time of Natalie Portman, (my new obsession btw). I no longer have to say "That girl in Leon is going to be something esle when she grows up!"

I have waited 20 years to see Yoda with a light sabre and it didn't dissapoint! And then he has the cheek to pull out his walking stick after it. Some Fraud!!
    The scene with the Jedi in the collesium was stunning as was the Droids v Clones. Makes the mouth water thinking about what the CLone wars will be like in the 3rd episode.

I thought the lad playing Anakin was grand. He played the part of the disobiedient Padawan fine. A bit wooden but the part after he killed all the Tuskan Raiders ( telling Padme) he was fantastic.
    And C3PO and R2-D2 are back delivering the humor as it always should have been.

GReat Bits:
    Yoda fight scene
    Jedi battle
    Natalie Portman
    Count Dooku
    Getting to see the turning of Anankin
    Obi wan ( Mcgregor has grown into the role something wicked)
    A bigger involvment for Samuel L.
    Lucas learned his lesson with Jar Jar.
    The battle of Droids and clones was so much darker than the Gungans and Droids in TPM.
    Loads of Fett (a big favorite from the first trilogy with nearly all Star Wars nuts)

Bad Bits:
    Dialogue was a bit naff
    Light Sabre fight at the end was over too quickly

Mr. Pompidou, you almost got a rise out of me with that clap trap. Almost.

So good i saw it twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yeah it wasn't bad - better than TPM anyway, although pretty dull in the middle, Anakin was just the sort of angsty teenager you'd love to smack in the head.

also, having Jar-Jar
    be the one who hands over the power to Palpatine and helps create the Empire, was amusing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

A bit wooden but the part after he killed all the Tuskan Raiders ( telling Padme) he was fantastic.

I thought he was very unconvincing in that scene but otherwise did well.

Loved the film as a whole apart from the cg shot when Anakin rides that animal in the field.

Read in Empire that the first cut was four hours long so the final version is just over half. Having read the book I can see what was cut and hope someday there is a directors cut or redux version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lei Xiejiang

Yoda was a laugh, best bit in a poor film ( Miss Piggy with a light Sabre )

Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by JacquesPompidou
    Hayden Christensen can NOT act.

And it's nice to know the Jedi are a bunch of gay priests, N'Sync are in the movie as Jedi. Yawn!! Kick them in the NUTS

Star Wars is the franchise of franchises. Die-Hard people are fanatic about it

Why do fans like it so much? I think part of it is just seeing George Lucas' latest chapter in the saga up there on the screen. The die-hard cultists are just so pleased that they can live with the enormous faults: hideous dialogue, bad plotting and American infomercial-grade acting.

Ironically, Yoda is no longer even a puppet or a silly little muppet. He's digitally enhanced. But when the Gandhi of the Star Wars epic engages in a light-saber duel he literally saves Episode II from quicksand. It's remarkable, and I recommend he be nominated for best supporting actor. Yawn!! Kick him in the NUTS!!

Still, the Force against dullness is finally goosing George Lucas. To alleviate his usual cornball jokes and solemn mythmaking, Lucas throws in Jedi love (who knew Jedis take a vow not to screw?). And check out the babe casting of the lovers: Natalie Portman as queen turned senator Padme Amidala, decked out in belly-baring outfits Britney would envy, and Hayden Christensen as hotheaded Jedi-in-training Anakin (Darth Vader's inside me somewhere) Skywalker. Yawn!! kick him in the NUTS!!

Suprise part of the Movie
    Is the New Zealander from the great movie "Once were warriors" now A crappy StarWars bounty Hunter ?Yawn!! I won't kick this guy in the NUts, cos he'd kick the shiite outta me!

:D

You obviously get your kicks from nuts, ya?

Maybe there's something you should tell us!!!

Episode 1 is meant to be the prologue of the 6 films. So when all 6 are viewed one after another, you will prob grow to appreciate
    the film and understand why its so bland.(dont ask me why)

Without realising it Caesar you made a point there ;)

As it's all one big story. 6 parts. They can't all be wonderful. I view them more as parts of a story than as completely seperate films.

Ep 2 did a very good job of working into that story. Especially near the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Dont mind that JacquesPompidou muppet... He is the spanner who posted that " I hate star wars" thread and just copy and pasted stuff from moviemistakes.com saying he hates starwars and yet went along to see it anyway? Doubt he even saw it if he hates it so much so is just being a muppet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Just saw it last night. I thought it was far superior to TPM. OK there were a few dodgy effects and some naff acting (although I think that might be because the script is a bit naff in places) but overall I enjoyed it more than anything I've seen in a long time.

I don't think they dwelled on the love story thing too much (as I was expecting), and although it did slow down a bit at times, I think that balanced the action scenes nicely. Ewan McGregor and Christopher Lee are fantastic, and Yoda in battle....need I go on?

Some great looking aliens and backdrops too. Overall a much darker atmosphere but still a good share of typical SW humour. I think I'll go and see it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Hehe, yeah, CG is evil ;)

Can you picture the Yoda/Dooku fight scene with Yoda as a puppet?

Really, picture it. Makes me giggle.

Advertisement