Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtua Fighter 4

Options
  • 16-05-2002 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Anyone get this yet for the ps2??? This was the first time I played the virtua fighter series, always been on the tekken band wagon up until now but I have to say I was impressed.

You actually have to learn stuff to play this game well. The idea that I couldn't button bash and complete the game in 20 minutes put me off the game a bit when I first played it but after doin the training you really find the depth of the gameplay. The amount of moves for one character alone is just class, I'd say it would take a fair amount of time to master a character with all combo's, throws, reversals, attacks and wall attacks.

Have to say tho, the AI thing is a bit sh!t. I dunno if I've misunderstood the concept of it but you train this little AI fighter by kikin them around an learnin them your moves an combo's. You then stick the little fella on your memory card, bring it to your mates (who also trained an AI bot) and let the 2 of emm away at each other?? I mean if these guys are usin your moves why not jus fight them yourself?? Remember those tamagotchi things, if they made emm so you could neglect them or over feed them an sh!t that would cool. Actually no, no it wouldn't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

VF4 is the daddy of button bashing, check out any arcade and watch as the latest foray of muppets whack the crap outta the stick and buttons.
    In 4 they just made a point of making one of the opponents silly hard to beat so generally, bashers get to about stage 8 (whichever stage has that blonde haired chap - cant remember name) and then get whipped.

The game relies on cheapness, figuring out the cheapest way to hit someone. Combo's are pointless due to the free combo system which i've gone on about before, basically the better combo's are pot luck to do.

Tekken 4's not much use either. Buy guilty gear X.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

would you recommend the game????

i played the tekken on the ps2 and i would never buy it. i found it slow. it just wasnt that great. i bought DOD2 and i love that game. but is VF4 worth getting????

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

yeah bugs I see your point, the first time I played it I got to the 6th/7th bloke before I started to get kiked around, I then went an did the training for a while, found some good combo's (which aren't listed in the manual) tried Kumite (which had me hooked for a solid 3 hours I think) and then back to arcade mode and finished it handy enough without continuing.

I can't comment on the combo thing, I don't think I've played it enough to know what your talkin about.

If your into fighting games I would recommend it, if your jus looking for something to play your mates in I'd stick with Tekken tag, its easier to pick up.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

such a game buff is our JunkiE....oops, did I spell that wrong. You should write reviews for magazines juNk, YOU ROCK

Advertisement