Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobby group reports.

Options
  • 16-05-2002 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Detailed reports from the lobby group are now up on the ioffl website. It gives an insight into the sterling work Howard has put in over the past few months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭neverhappen

links...

4/5/02

and

23/3/02

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Well done Howard,

Very impressive stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Fantastic stuff guys.

It's been a while since I checked the site and I must say that I'm very impressed with all your hard work.

I do wonder though if this forum is counter-productive, I notice NTL's top management mentioned they didn't have a good impression if IOFFL after reading it. Personally I rarely post here anymore, although I do lurk quite a bit. There's a lot of immaturity on show.

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

David long for Irish internet personality of the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Wow, it would have been really nice if those that volunteered their time to take part in the Lobbying Working Group knew of this, instead of being kept in the dark.

It was pretty clear that those in the Lobbying Working Group were surplus to requirements (even though IOFFL were snowed under with work ). Then again you can't go off on a one man campaign to lobby everyone in Ireland if others are around.

Very impressive though. Keep up the good work...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Howard sent an email last evening to the lobbying list apparently. It was just pointed out to me. I'd like to add the following to what I said above:

I'd like to saw that the amount of time, money and energy Howard personally put into the lobbying effort was huge and should have been recognised and acknowledged. I still do diagree with the way the lobbying group seemed to not have been included in the lobbying process but Howard still did an A1 job.

Since Howard came back the amount of communications with all groups that needed to be informed and those that needed to be lobbied skyrockted. If we all had the energy and devotion of Howard, and communicated with each other well, IrelandOffline would be a formidable force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭root

Sterling work Dave.How do you get so many people to meet you ? Just phone them up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

root thats all we did, we'd decide who we needed to meet, and Howard or myself would contact them. Lately however some of them have been contacting us, which is good to see, it shows how far we have come.

Advertisement