Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any ideas ???

Options
  • 16-05-2002 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Bit of a strange one this ...

I have a compaq workstation here and the time is wrong. The time for all workstations is taken from the logon script, so all systems should be the same. I have logged in as admin, and changed the time ...but next time a user logs in it is worng again.

Also the time is correct in the bios.

Doing my head in this is.

Any ideas ????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've had this problem too.

The root of the problem is the fact that there is a windows service called "Windows Time". From the blurb on the services screen:
    Maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped, date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.

I disabled it, and my time stays correct (on my PC, anyway). I'm sure there has to be a way of specifying which PC on the network is the master timekeeper, per se, but I don't know how.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Cheers Tmb that worked a treat

Nice one ;)

Advertisement