Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom connection problems

• 01-07-2001 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

All right, I will try not to curse during this mail but I am exceedingly hacked off with this.

The problem is my Eircom connection keeps stopping for a time and then restarting (or worse still disconnecting me), no bytes received no bytes sent. My questions are:

Is this just me on Eircom?

Can any other program be "borrowing" my connection and not showing up on the bytes in/out?

Is it normal that during these lockups I can still hear the modem making noises as if sending data?

Any ideas?

P.S. Where can you get an Ocean Installation CD?

Thanks
    Xeno

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I dunno what the story is with eircom lately... I'm getting the 30 second lag outs, dropped connections every few minutes.
    They were sweet a few weeks ago, maybe their work on DSL is disrupting normal services? smile.gif
    Let's hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Betchas it's them ex-esatclear peeps hogging all the bandwidth smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I get the exact same problem, sometimes no matter who I connect with. And its not my system - weekends its usually grand.

Its probobly bandwidth related, or Eircom's phone lines.

--Chris--

<A HREF="http://uie.8m.com
    " TARGET=_blank>http://uie.8m.com
    </A>

THE source for Internet news in Ireland. Polls, broadband, letter to ODTR, ISP details and A PETITION AGAINST EIRCOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Their bandwidth methinks, I get it too on ISDN sometimes. Their network'll just die for a min or 2.

Advertisement