Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire: The Masquerade - Players Wanted

Options
  • 16-05-2002 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello,

After a fairly lengthy hiatus I am planning to run a weekly Vampire: The Masquerade chronicle. Problem is - being a fairly recent returnee to this fine country of ours, I do not know any players.

To give you a better picture of what I am planning, the chronicle will be set in a highly detailed, very near-future Baton Rouge (a city in Louisiana, USA), player characters will be Camarilla and, to begin with at least, a very modest level of experience.

The tone of the chronicle will be dark, very political, a lot of twists and turns, while combat will be intermittent - but when it does occur it will be novel & intense.

The city will be Camarilla controlled, Ventrue Prince (how original), with a particularly strong Tremere and Toreador presence. The Kindred population is 50 - 60 (I ditched the 1:100,00 ratio to make things interesting), all of whom are well detailed. As this chronicle has been run before, there is no danger of the whole thing running out of narrrative steam after 5 or 6 sessions.

If you are interested, regardless of your level of experience in Vampire, are a roleplayer, are not a rules lawyer and enjoy a dark, paranoid, brooding atmosphere, not to mention a challenge, contact me at:

eoinco@gofree.indigo.ie

If you simply have questions, feel free to write. Also - if you are a member of a currently active roleplaying group which simply wants a new storyteller/game to play, give me a shout.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Theres a group of vampire players who met fequently in dublin, have a look at teh sticky topic above. THey also have a community board, I'd look but vampire rpg'ers scare me almost as much as CS players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Warewolf!

Its living in this warewolf city thats effecting me I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Old_Delirium

Thanks, do you have an address for that community board?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Qualin Hess

Well I'm the Mod for it, its for the Cam, LARP that has been running monthly here for the last three years as part of the international Cam Game. (I'm also the CST Garou (WEREWOLF) for Dublin) you can contact me at qualinhess@hotmail.com for more details.

Btw I might be interested in geting back to basics with a bit of the 'awld RPG'in when and were were u planing on runnin the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Old_Delirium

Hi Qualin,

Thanks for your reply. I would very much like to gain access to the Community Board if you think it would be useful in terms of recruiting a coterie.

As for the when and where - well I was hoping to decide on a location once I have 3 or 4 players who would be commited to starting up a new chronicle. I notice from the boards that a lot of groups seem to meet up in pubs so that may well be an option, but essentially I would totally open to the consensus view on location, providing it is in Dublin. As for dates - whenever I have the players, I was thinking about a regular weeknight, pretty much any evening other than Friday or Saturday. But once again I am happy to consider whatever is suggested/convenient to the other players.

I am just eager to get a chronicle going as I am sitting on a highly detailed setting which has been tried and tested, it would be a great pity to just let it wither away.

So, if you are interested, and/or if you can direct others who may also be interested, please do get in touch, particuarly if they enjoy the vicious ruthlessness of Camarilla politics combined with a focus on fleshing out the Coterie's agenda and personalities, so that the Chronicle is not dependent on the 'Prince instructs coterie to do X' formulaic approach.

Best regards,

Delerium

• Advertisement
Advertisement