Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB Radio in Ireland!

Options
  • 16-05-2002 5:11pm

Just wondering if anyone in Ireland has made the plunge and bought a DAB receiver.You must be in range of a UK transmitter so that would cut it down to people along the Northern Ireland border or along the east coast!
    I live in Sligo and i can pick up the DAB signal from Brougher mountain in Co. Tyrone with a roof aerial!The signal is 8/16 which is excellent and in stereo.I can receive Downtown radio,Cool FM,Citybeat,Classic FM,BBC Ulster,Kiss FM,Prime Time,3C Country and Q102.9FM,all for various tastes!

So,i wondered if anyone else have it and what do they think of it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bucon

DAB is pretty cool, a few years ago RTE got a temporary license and ran tests for a week i think, heard it then. I can't see the implementing it anytime soon.

Even if they did, they probably wouldnt implement it fully, just like RDS...how often do you recieve a traffic announcement?:)

Bucon.

Advertisement