Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3z skipping, weird

• 16-05-2002 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

Anyone ever experience skipping on their MP3's. Im running winamp in Win2k, and every now and again an mp3 will skip half a second, like if you had a scratched cd

I have all my MP3's on a seperate HD (Maxtor UDMA66)
    Win2k is on a Seagate UDMA100

This happens randomly, no matter if im running something or not.
    Checking some settings out i noticed that the soundcard, graphics and about 6/7 otherthings are all on IRQ11, but i doubt this could make any difference

Any thoughts???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Update soundcard drivers? Crappy soundcard? Defrag?

I had it too, but it was only because I was using a €12 POS soundcard :]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i have that too now with some mp3s.. i just installed 2k there last week, and i have an sb live! player.. or value or gamer or something :) but it's an sb live! anyway

dunno what the prob is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

does it happen in both directsound and wave output modes?
    whats winamps priority? w2k has its own priority system iirc.. (background v. foreground).. see if that makes a difference.

only time mp3s ever jump on mine is dialling/disconnecting the modem (winmodem)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah same with me only when the modem does or when I'm exiting the likes of championship manager which lags the computer a fair bit in windowed mode, they skip then too. Maybe it's just a crappy mp3 with gliches in it.
    Does it happen with random mp3s or with the same ones all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

I have the exact same problem. Im running win2k with and SB Live soundcard. There is nothing wrong with the mp3 as sometimes the same mp3 will play fine one day and the other it will skip once or twice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I notice the same thing last night too. Shouldn't be hardware. One of Rymus's hard drives and a audigy platinum kit.

maybe it was the mp3's. I can't remember which songs it was.

i am also win 2k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I had that for ages and ages in win2k, now i cant even tell the difference to be honest :)

But i actually think its fixed.

Not sure, ill listen a bit closer tonight ... :)

Regards,

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

i have an Audigy card by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Do ye all have Abit motherboards ? :)
    If so, there is a problem with sB live cards and Abit KT7 motherboards, an upgrade in bios is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

ABIT KR7a-RAID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

This used tio happen me when it used alt+tab between programs, it was on a p166 48 ram ram and a 2meg cirus logic grafx card tho :o

Advertisement