Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get out and vote!

Options
  • 16-05-2002 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

Just a request for everyone to get out and vote on Friday. I don't care which way you vote, but please do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Yeah, and don't forget yer feckin umbrellas!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Will do so after work.. hehe i get to push buttons.. electronic voting!

Yeap, all do your best to vote-it's the only way to change things, or keep them the same, depending on what you want.
    I've just voted in Arklow.
    There were crowds there at around 4 p.m and the same at the other two local polling stations-despite the lashing rain.
    mm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Will do so after work.. hehe i get to push buttons.. electronic voting!

Don't forget to bring a hammer so you can exercise your constitutional right to spoil your vote. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

People should be fined for spoiling votes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Originally posted by Bateman:

People should be fined for spoiling votes
    I'm assuming your serious when you're saying this, in which case I think that's a little ridiculous. If a person spoils his/her vote it is either intentional or unintentional. If it's unintentional then there's little point in imposing a fine, it would be better if we were to try to explain the system a little bit better (although it is pretty simple) or else if the vote was spoiled because the numbers were illegible (sometimes the number 1 can look like the number 7 - for example) we can try to minimise this by either introducing electronic voting or else another more foolproof system.

If a person intentionally spoils their vote, this to me is the same as if they didn't vote at all. They just waste their own time, and the time of those counting the votes (although that only amounts to a few seconds). It's pointless and worthless, but hardly a criminal offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement