Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8310 From the US.

Options
  • 16-05-2002 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

If I bought a Nokia 8310 from the US, would it work with all the networks here?

If it was unlocked of course.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi shamo

afraid not - it's called an 8390 in the US an only workes on the GSM 1900 network.

the 8310 works in Europe (Africa / Asia Pacific) on the EGSM 900 / 1800 network.

[A tri-band fone works on all 3 frequencies - but Nokia haven't produced an 83xx tri-band phone]

HTH,
    Brian G

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Ok, lets say I bought it from Asia or something.

Aslong as it supports the GSM network that used here.. it would work with any simcard here?

I have seen in another post about O2 testing the 8310... are they testing the software is compatible or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Vodafone and O2 now both support he 8310 and offer it on their networks

read through to the end of this thread for more details:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=48063

like ronseal clear varnish if it says 8310 on the box (and there is an 8310 inside!!) then it will work on the 900 / 1800 networks

the phone may have a software (firmware) version aimed at the region you buy it from though, and the power adapter might not be for an irish/uk socket

as long as you buy an *unlocked* (sometimes called sim-free) phone then you can put any sim card into it and use it on any supporting network

HTH,
    Brian G

Advertisement