Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's it called...

Options
  • 16-05-2002 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

What's it called when you just grow sick and tired of constant bombardment from teen-angst? Ma...tur...whatnow?

I mean... the music is great and all, but what the fúck is with everyone i know that they must go out and have "problems"... Sure a lot of it is real, but a lot of it is overreacting and bullshít. And it's bloody píssing me off that people have to be so moody so much!

So I just thought i'd throw this rant in here and see what happens.

(BTW, the last big problem i had was severe depression - chemical related - in january and the effect the prescribed drugs had on me... oh and some long term things that won't get better but can be ignored :) ... so i'm not being too hypocritical with this rant)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

Originally posted by lordsippa
    so i'm not being too hypocritical with this rant

this, of course, raises the question
    'how hypocritical is too hypocritical?'
    and on the same lines
    'how dead is too dead?'

oh, are you counting being a vindictive bitch as teenage angst? cos i was kinda planning on carrying that into adulthood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

i know exactly what you mean. people who've never seen a day of hardship in their life just going around the place looking for something to be miserable about.it's so bloody annoying!i mean, fair enough, when you're a teenager you're gonna get teenage angst because it goes with the territory an' all but get over it for chrissakes!i've had a lot of crappy sh*it happen to me but i'm fully aware that there are many people out there that have had it much worse than me and i'm thankful for what i've got.
    everyone's entitled to being p*issed off every so often but seriously, GET OVER IT!

sHep :cool:

sorry for the ranting but one of my friends likes one of my other friends and it's all awkward and the other one doesn't know that the other one likes them and that one doesn't return the feeling and i have to listen to it from both sides and it's irritating the crap out of me. aaargh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Poor Chloe... another one of those teenage things...

This actual thread was more my response to suddenly realising "aren't those young uns stupid" and then saying "but i'm a young un" and then asking "but am i" and then getting confused and then getting another earful of angst and deciding - screw this! i'm advancing out of adolescense... hopefully my hormone receipts aren't gone too far. I damn well want a refund for that crap!

On a completely different note - do i hear thunder?

Oh, and shep darling, get icq or i will kill you. Capiche?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Teenage stuff passes, I got to the point where i couldnt see any point in getting depressed ever again and i haven't, i dont think i know how anymore.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by lordsippa
    What's it called when you just grow sick and tired of constant bombardment from teen-angst? Ma...tur...whatnow?

I mean... the music is great and all, but what the fúck is with everyone i know that they must go out and have "problems"... Sure a lot of it is real, but a lot of it is overreacting and bullshít. And it's bloody píssing me off that people have to be so moody so much!

everyone has to grow out of the self-obsessed self-pittying "oh look at me I'm sooooo full of teen anxt" phase in their own time. that said - I've cut myself of from certain ppl who are slower than I am to get over it - cus there is nothing worse than ppl who are constantly going on about how miserable they are *shudder*

• Advertisement

i know what you mean sisob. i still get days like that of course (everyone has their feeling sorry for themselves days) but the constant depression people just get on my nerves these days. 'tis unfotunate.
    sven dearest, i promise i will get icq one of these days but i have to download a million things first before i can get it, what with having a mac and all.
    sHep :cool:

<urge to laugh rising>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

It's quite amusing, from an objective point of view, to see all the little idiosyncracies of people who are trying desperately to form some measure of individuality by being as non-conformist as they can. And through this non-conformism for its own sake, they are conforming so closely to their demographic that it becomes predictable and ironic. But when it comes right down to it, everybody conforms, so dont take any offense (anybody) from what im saying. The harder you try to be different the more boring you become. People are so taken up with themselves and their own personal little problems that they fool themselves into thinking that its quite interesting really, and though people sometimes seem interesting on the outside, its quite simply a thin veneer which hides the simple fact: we are all fundamentally exactly the same, totally insignificant and astonishingly dull.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hehe, this is kinda ironic for Sven to be posting this, seeing as most of the problems i've suffered from lately can be traced back to him and a few others (not that it was really their fault, they didnt realise it)

As most people who know me know, i have for the last year or so been the one person constantly trying to make everyone else happy. Ho-hum.

I realise all the good things in my life, but i still can be depressed.

I get very pissed off with people who are depressed and spend the whoole time bitching about how life sucks, when they have it so good compared to others.

Originally posted by foobar
    I get very pissed off with people who are depressed and spend the whoole time bitching about how life sucks, when they have it so good compared to others.

Ah... hit the nail on the head with that one paragraph. And yes, i was on quite a downer earlier this year wasn't i? Bleh... heh.. few reasons that shall stay mine own...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 duckgirl

God, I hate 'Teen Angst.'
    I mean my roommate in '00 had had a rather depressing life, and was SO positve.
    Come to think of it, I've had a rather depressing life, and I like to think I'm positive. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
    But some people just want to be depressed. I think they think it's cool.
    I don't get that.
    I mean I have really bad days, mainly in Autumn.(The whole August/September thing has some bad karma in my book.)
    But I doubt anyone notices.
    Last time I was visibly depressed was when I was nine. and my Dad pulled me out of it.
    I just don't let it get on top of me.
    Depression has a knock-on effect. If one prson is depressed, it tends to reflect on the people around them. I hate that. It just makes it worse.
    You know what I mean?

Originally posted by duckgirl
    God, I hate 'Teen Angst.'
    I mean my roommate in '00 had had a rather depressing life, and was SO positve.
    Come to think of it, I've had a rather depressing life, and I like to think I'm positive.

It's funny: the happiest people I know have the hardest time - and the people with it relatively easy bitch the whole time

I'm the happiest person I know at the moment, and I have it tough. Trust me, no one wants to play the "my life is suckier than yours" game with me - I win everytime. <sigh> I remember the last time someone said that to me, was very funny.

All in what adam and sven are talking about - it's all part of growing up, and when you reach the other end it's funny to watch people who are so "unusual" and "depressed" and all that crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

put another "i agree" on the pile of "i dont like teen angsts." i have a pretty darn good life, and i realize it. and im probalby the happiest person i know. id rather brag about being happy than sad, because talking about how i was sad would just make me sadder. not that theres anything wrong with being sad, and talking about WHY youre sad when you are sad is a good way to be happy, but.....do it with someone who wont mind. ask before you start griping. my philosophy. well gee whillickers! i have a philosophy! never thought it would happen! thats probably the first time ive said that! wowwwwwww!!!!!! :D

SUDDEN FLASH OF INSPIRATION!

I don't tend to get depressed... I get angry and guilty (usually for getting angry). Very easily. But (usually) I get happy again very quickly. Of course, I go through my bad days, but that's when i adopt my silly nickname (Eoin) and hit things for living at me.

Currently I'm back on high after getting annoyed recently (my family are so irritating).... so yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 duckgirl

originally posted by sisob
    .No one wants to play the "my life is suckier then yours" game with me, I win everytime<sigh>
    Yeah, so do I.

I mean I'll be talking to my 'angsty' associates, and they'll be like,
    "My Dad, like, caught me with a cigerette, and he, like, grounded me. And I felt so depressed I wanted to cut myself open."
    When asked why she had no cuts her reply was,
    "Well I locked myself in my bedroom, just to make them feel bad, and had, like, no blades."

Or they'll say something negative about their familys, and then check themselves and glance at me. Like they think I don't notice.

Originally posted by duckgirl
    originally posted by sisob

Yeah, so do I.

i think you'r the only one i know that can actually beat me. and my life has got really great of late, so i cant claim to be happy in the face of a horrible life, anymore - guess i'll just be happy for it's own sake.

There's something about having (had) cancer that makes me immune to depression - i reccommend it to ayone

it's kinda funny that people with the worst lives tend to be happier but it's incredibly true. i used to think i wasn't a happy person because of some crappy stuff that happened over a long period of time but everything gets better after a while. and i know it sounds weird but you appreciate your life a whole lot more after bad things have happened and you reach the other side. :) i'm in a good mood today. good things are good...
    SheP :cool:

I couldnt agree more - after having had a life-threatening illness(or any other server hardship) any problems that life throws at me just seem completly insignificant

zigackly :)

Advertisement