Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP to multiple sites

Options
  • 16-05-2002 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

I want to FTP the same mini-website to about 400 different domains. Does anyone know of an FTP program that can automate this process (I'm using Cute at the moment)

For your information these 400 domain are domains that I have for sale. I have free hosting on them all and I want to put up some advertising to support them until I sell them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

it would be easiest to host your site on a server that allows unlimited domains so you could just pull the info from the same place for every domain, and then dissasociate the domain when u sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Static

Yeah, if you have access, and all domains are on the one machine, then just setup vhosts in iis/apache to serve from a common directory.

If you're going to be changing the page on each domain frequently, it might be an idea to ftp up the same frameset page which grabs the main frame from one place, that way, you can change that page, and all the domains are changed....

A very useful utility for doing automated stuff like this is expect, which can basically be told what to expect (hence the name, I guess) and what to enter on getting what it expects.. A tutorial I found after a quick search shows...

http://www.raycosoft.com/rayco/support/expect_tutor.html

it expects (excuse the pun) that you're a little bit familiar with interpreted code/shell scripts

Advertisement