Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2000 problems

• 17-05-2002 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

i reinstalled a copy of office 2k the other day and did a whole lot of updates.
    the problem is now that it tries to do a first install everytime i open any application. this is both annoying and time consuming. not to mention a real pain when i have to set up outlook everytime i open it.

i have tried to change it and ive tried to reinstall service pack 2 for office, but it tells me its already installed.
    it will not let me reinstall or remove as it says there is a msi loader problem. i have tried d/ling the msi installer patch, but no good. anyone have any ideas, or should i just delete the folder and edit all references to office in registry and try again?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

try it .. if it does not work download eraser2000 from the microsft site.. it will remove all registry references etc and allow you to do a clean install

Advertisement