Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Optical Mice

• 27-06-2001 5:59pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to change my mouse and the only Logitechs that I like happen to be optical.

Whats the story with using these for games and how do they react at high speed and do they work with 3m mousemats?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Summary of Query:

Optical mouse good.

I have one, and it's fine, but then again, I'm a low sensitivity user (Quake3 is about 4, CS is about 1.8, QW is 3). It never needs cleaning, meaning it never gets dirty and impairs performance. Mousemat ain't an issue as far as I concerned.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.
    Mail: jaden@eircom.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,461 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do be aware that the light on the mouse turns off after a certain time of inactivity - can cause consternation (I understate) in games.

For example, you run in a straight line in CS for 10 seconds, the mouse goes off, you see and enemy, you turn, but are delayed 0.5- 1.0 seconds in that turn because the mouse needs to restart. You die. You swear loudly at no one in particular. You hit mouse. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

as for the 3M mousemat - dont worry about it.. I've successfully used my mouse (MS Optical Intellimouse Explorer) on my head without any worries.. You can apparently use them on any surface as long as its not reflective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

its all true . i used it on my "ehm" when me and my gf were fighing who gets to be the controler of the mouse . hehehe .
    and yes it dose turn off after a while but i havent noticed it getting me killed in games yet ..... or has it .....

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

Advertisement