Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest thing I've seen this election

Options
  • 17-05-2002 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

..was a poster of Seamus Brennen with a sheet pasted over it with the following text.

"Ein Volk,
    Ein Reich
    Ein Fuhrer"

Nearly crashed my car when I saw it :)

Gandalf.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Someone went around Cork yesterday or last night sticking brown envelopes over the campaign posters. Took a while to click with me, very subtle, very clever.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

haha....the funniest thing I've seen this election was news footage of Mary Harney visiting a snooker hall. She was using one of the reds as a cueball!!! I fukin hate when I'm playing and some messers on an adjoining table are doing that ;)

Also her cueing action was terrible......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 hurler-on-ditch

Getting canvassed by Ivor Callelly supporters dressed up as Teletubbies is my surreal expereince of this campaign

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

the funniest thing I've seen this election was news footage of Mary Harney visiting a snooker hall. She was using one of the reds as a cueball!!!

You should've hustled her. So to speak.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Noonan Fine Gael posters in Westmeath which have been converted from "Vision with Purpose" to "Villain with Purpose"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the picture in the Irish Times of two weeks ago. It was a Fianna Fail poster on Leeson St. changed (with exact matching font and typeface) to:

A lot done.

For the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Weird blobs of what looked like paint / wax at the base of street lamps - someone found out that the corrugated plastic posters burn / melt in an interesting way.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Was I the only person to see a poster of Lemmy from Motorhead and his bass saying - Lemmy #1 ?

Was I imagining that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Mine had to be the brass band that Simon Coveney put on the Ringaskiddy roundabout one morning (it was raining quite heavily at the time too). Needless to say there was quite a traffic buildup.

I hear he also put a load of teenagers in t-shirts on the Kinsale Rd Roundabout to wave at passing motorists.

Is the man trying to cause a ten car pileup? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Jackie Healy-Rae is back in.

Regardless of what you think of the guy, Leinster House would be a less colourful place without him.

More pothole filling in Kerry South then hopefully (oh and a decent road from Kenmare to Killarney would be nice)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Last night on dame street i saw the Irish Anarchists had put stickers on all the posters saying
    * Any promise made is void if politician changes his/her mind.

I cant remember the wording and i havnt really given the stickers justice, they were hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by Gordon
    Was I the only person to see a poster of Lemmy from Motorhead and his bass saying - Lemmy #1 ?

Was I imagining that?!

genious,
    saw it on the way to the nigeria game last thursday,
    had to take it home with me

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

! haha, that was you that took it off the signpost!
    fair play to ye, I may have done it myself if I was quick enough.
    Kudos

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk
    Last night on dame street i saw the Irish Anarchists had put stickers on all the posters saying...

Dammit, the anarchists are getting organised.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

DBC: I saw that too, something like "Politicians cannot be held responsible for their election promises"

`Noonan Fine Gael posters in Westmeath which have been converted from "Vision with Purpose" to "Villain with Purpose"` - AHAHAHAH... played!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by sceptre
    Jackie Healy-Rae is back in.

Regardless of what you think of the guy, Leinster House would be a less colourful place without him.

More pothole filling in Kerry South then hopefully (oh and a decent road from Kenmare to Killarney would be nice)

He only just made it. I have a sneaking feeling he is going to get royally shafted in this Dail. Whatever about independents who are running on specific issues eg Synnott in Cork and the other hospital candidates in places like Cavan/Monaghan, Healy-Rae's appeal is that of a stroke puller who can obtain the maximum leverage from holding the balance of power.

FF ain't going to need him this time around. And they don't want to encourage non party stroke pullers from being seen to occupy positions of massive influence, so I reckon they will take revenge on South Kerry this time, or if not, they will make damn sure that O Donoghue is seen to be the major deliverer of any largesse heading the kingdom's way.

So good to see O Rourke dumped out on her sizable ass as well. Always hated her. And I never even bought Eircom shares.

Advertisement