Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUICK! NERDS! Add a tachometer to your PC!

Options
  • 17-05-2002 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

You know you want to... it'll get you lots of burds!* You will never need to clean your teeth again!** Guaranteed!***

http://www.xoxide.com/pctachometer1.html

(*: This isn't true)
    (**: Neither is this)
    (***: Not a guarantee)

Tired of the same dull window and light mods over and over? Want to see the guys at the local LAN wide eyed in envy? Well take a look at this... The PC Tachometer is a unique and exciting product which will provide you the new mod you're looking for while being functional as well. The PC Tachometer consists of everything you need to put a tachometer anywhere you want in your computer, front bezel, side of a Lexan panel, in a drive bay, it's up to you to decide.

Using a custom software application (designed for use in Windows NT/2000/XP), the tachometer kit will accurately graph your CPU utilization on the car tachometer, redlining at nearly 8000rpm under full load.

PATENT PENDING!!! OH NOE!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BTBB

This is doable. If you use the parallel port (or any other 8bit output with an extra bit for latching) a digital to analog converter and a galvanometer/microameter converted to a voltameter with a resistor this would take care of the hardware end. This gives 255 points of resolution(about .4%).

Then its just a matter that every second or so your selected value would be checked and sent to the output. One disadvantage: the meter will need a magnet which could cause probles but this is unlikley.

BTBB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Ya'd be better getting a graphical VFD/LCD.
    It'd look better and have better functions but its still a cool idea.
    Keep 'em comming Bard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Sounds fantastic bard, let us know when you get it setup in your own pc, and take photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Gerry
    Sounds fantastic bard, let us know when you get it setup in your own pc, and take photos.

I'm not going to... just thought ye'd be interested in the link...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Its one of the most irrelevant ever posted, but thats just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

BTBB, of course its doable, its already been done, thats what this post is all about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by Bard
    You know you want to... it'll get you lots of burds!* You will never need to clean your teeth again!** Guaranteed!***

(*: This isn't true)
    (**: Neither is this)
    (***: Not a guarantee)

PATENT PENDING!!! OH NOE!!!
    Gosh, what a Bard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Originally posted by Gerry
    Its one of the most irrelevant ever posted, but thats just my opinion.

Oh I dunno, I rather like that, I'd get one if it wasn't so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I've seen em for a couple of quid in car shops.
    Look nice too

Advertisement