Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personnal Issues Charter

• 17-05-2002 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

In light of the constant harassment I’m receiving I want to know what is the charter for the PI forum.

What do people want to cover there, what should and should not be posted?

My policy is to come down hard on non constructive / abusive posts because of the personal nature of topics covered.

I don't think people should post topic's asking for medical advise as the advice they receive may cause more harm than good.

So what do you all think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I don't think people should post topic's asking for medical advise as the advice they receive may cause more harm than good.

i agree, i doubt if anyone here is qualified to give out medical info. your local GP should be consulted on all medical issues. other posters can only comment on their past experiences with the problem and what ever treatment they received. but in the end it is safer to get a proper medical opinion from a GP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by azezil
    In light of the constant harassment I’m receiving I want to know what is the charter for the PI forum.

What do people want to cover there, what should and should not be posted?

My policy is to come down hard on non constructive / abusive posts because of the personal nature of topics covered.

So what do you all think?

IMHO (i.e. don't beat me up :D)

I think the range of topics covered at the moment is pretty much how it should be....however, sometimes the muppetry is let go on for a little too long (i.e the "Bent Willy" and "Am I Gay?" threads, which for the most part consisted of people taking the urine)

Other than that, for the most part, any moderation I've seen seems spot on. And your right, medical advice should be left to the professionals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

people will always have different personal issues you cant not accomidate everyone. May be the guy with the "bent penis" was being serious you dont know, just have to see how the discussion of the topic goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Harressment? More like constructive critizism my spamming friend.

Or do you not in fact polute the fine waters of the Boards with your putrid foul smelling filth?

The facts I think speak for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by amp
    Harressment? More like constructive critizism my spamming friend.

Or do you not in fact polute the fine waters of the Boards with your putrid foul smelling filth?

The facts I think speak for themselves.
    oh that's really constructive amp thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

The problem is you cant seem to construe what is and isnt medical advice.

Asking if little bumps on your dick is normal is hardly medical advice, and if it is why have you left the acne thread open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    52 thread with 11 locked. and 6 moved. Dunno how many edits there are.

Some good subject matter is being quashed. and lets be honest...they are the best threads for a reader. we do like to laugh or think..what a plonker.

this isnt the Sun problem page!
    where acne is an honest subject where advice can be given over home secrets or new discoveries on how to beat back the plague of it, spots on a dick, well it could have been more subtle (no offense to anyone ) as saying the spots were else where, in fact there should be stickies on links to medical sites....

if people only think before they posted, take PI as a good friend without a face and think what would you ask them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

You have closed every thread on the subject of penises.
    I hope that your penis will remain straight and spot free until the day you die.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 stackboundary

It's nice that the standard of posts here hasn't diminished... isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by SearrarD
    if people only think before they posted, take PI as a good friend without a face and think what would you ask them?

That's one of the issues I feel PI should take on to be.

Penis/genitalia threads will still be held with... deep suspicion however.

Advertisement