Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible to record off sky??

• 17-05-2002 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Another question for you guys.

is it possible to record off SKY. forgive me for asking if this is a taboo subject as i know they tell you not to record. I see a scart socket for the video at the back of my SKY digibox.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

it sure is.
    just hook it up all through the video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Yes you can record off Sky and I don't believe it's Taboo. Only problem is that you have to leave on the channel that your recording. The Personal Planner is good for this as when your out it can change channels and all you need to do is match up the video to record at the right times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hockeyplayer

nice one guys, this Forum is the business ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

only limitation is box office.. a lot of them are using macrovision or some copy proof so you cant record them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

2 lads i know have been recording no probs off sky box office... not sure if its the type of package they got or anything...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

You can buy a little gadget to take the macrovision off. Works with DVD's also. Totally not legal !!!

Mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i dont think sky put macrovision on all box office movies
    probably just the ones I want to watch ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

we've got the digibox wired through the house (box upstairs and video downstairs) so ive not seen a problem recording.

Advertisement