Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceanfree.net e-mail

• 26-06-2001 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭

Anyone using oceanfree.net mail lately?
    They've changed the system and i havn't recieved 1 new mail in a week - I'm starting to get worried as I used it for stuff im awaiting important replys from.
    looks like its full of bugs - any of you approach them about this or work for them can tell me what the story is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Use it every day, check it maybe 5 times a day as well, no probs at with getting mail. (Using the POP though, not the web based interface).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Questor

When the new service was introduced I found that with the web interface I had to select the INBOX in the drop down menu box and then click OPEN FOLDER for me to see my incoming messages.

Hope this helps.

DrQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,462 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Used it since it started, always reliable in outlook(rarely use the web thingy). For a free mail service ,its pretty darn good imho. Yer using mail.oceanfree.net and smtp.oceanfree.net in outlook i presume? If you have important messages that you can't get thru the web thingy, why not just set up an outlook account, takes seconds?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

it is clear that thenPOP3 method is much faster and secure
    you are much freer to do stuff with e-mails and you aren't restriced by the webpages taking so long to load on a 28.8 connexion
    just in case some one readingthis wants to know the server sttings are:
    Incoming (pop3): mail.oceanfree.net
    Outgoing (STMP): stmp.oceanfree.net
    simplex

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

if u look at the oceanfree site the pop details are there. i think theyre in the help section, or at least used to be

This device complies with part 15 of the PCC rules. Ooperation is subject to the following two conditions:
    (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
    (2) This device must accept any interference recieved, including muppetry from muppets which may cause undesired operation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement