Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to Consolefan / Game Ireland

Options
  • 17-05-2002 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Anyone out there remember consolefan? Used to be at the url, gamesta.com/consolefan. After a while, I think they changed their name to Game-Ireland.com. When I go to that link anymore, I get Irish Player.com. I remember the guy that setup consolefan initially was Noel someone, no mention of him on this new site, any word?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I remember Noel got caught in a problem copying game reviews word for word from Edge magzine..

Not seen him since then..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

You've got to be kidding me!!! I started out working for Consolefan, and was copying reviews word for word, from NOM. He said I was a "disgrace to the entire industry"!!! Well I was busy studying for Junior Cert and was fairly young! Hehehe! Better shut up before the libel makes its way towards me!!! Any word on Peter Gantley, co-editor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

GI was sooo fscking bad. I wrote a few articles for it a couple of years ago, but it was clear to me after a while that noone else involved with the site had a clue what they were doing. IIRC Dazzer did the backend for the proposed website overhaul, but it was rejected for some cack-handed job that was obviously thrown together so they wouldn't have to pay anyone for it. It looked like a ten-year-old put it together ffs (much like irishplayer.com does now in fact).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dave_l

yeah, remember it. Half the reviews were ripped straight out of various games mags.
    There were some good arguements on the GI forums over that.....
    And then it closed down :)

Advertisement