Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who all is going to Ozzfest?

Options
  • 18-05-2002 12:23am
    Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Are you going to Ozzfest?

If so... what bands are you looking forward to seeing the most?

I guess I would be looking forward to seeing Ozzy (and Zakk) and Slayer the most. But it will be interesting to see what SOAD and Tool are like live.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its on during the middle of my college exams. Bugger.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im looking forward to seeing SOAD the most then Slayer, Tool etc. IM not quite sure how good tool are at doing an openair concert, I know last year in the SFX Tool were amazing but would their quite complex sound get lost in the big wide open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I am going to see everyone, have a good flucking day and get p*ss drunk! - thats what festivals are all about

and if I have time, look at the bmx/skater stuff, and chase some women around :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Is Cradle Of Filth playing at Ozzfest here? i know there playing in UK Ozzfest but not sure about here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Where can you get tickets for the bus. There is a bus going, right?

• Advertisement

I heard from a friend that they are available from Ticketmaster in St. Stephens Green priced 17euro return. I havent checked that out myself so not sure if thats correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm going. To see SOAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dj Mark K

I'm going :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

OMG Mark, I'm telling eveyone on the energy forum that you're going to a a rock festival :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dj Mark K

*Kick OJ's ass* lol ...

Yeah I'm a part time rocker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

ME!

I'm going to see ozzy mostly (i love the guy), but second would DEFINITELY be zakk wylde.

I almost cried for joy when i saw that therapy? were playing, and i can't wait to see tool... mmm... tool...

So yeah, that's it. And i don't know if COF are playing here... have heard the rumours too, but not sure...

Can anyone put up a full list of who's playing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Dj Mark K
    *Kick OJ's ass* lol ...

Yeah I'm a part time rocker
    I'll keep it on the QT ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

tool are the only band id bother going for, and maybe therapy

i reckon tool will do fine in the open air, seeing as theyve rocked lollapalooza many many many times and coachella.

they are without a doubt the most innovative and talented band ever to touch our country

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Im there, just have to find out how to get there, parking etc.
    Cant wait to see tool, the other bands I like aswell but depending on the time I might give ozzy a miss, play it by ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

i'm goin to see: SOAD (been waitin about 3 years for them)
    Ozzy (gonna be great)
    Therapy? (always deadly, best watched while
    completely ****-faced)
    Slayer (never bothered goin to see them before
    so i'm lookin forward to them this year)
    Lostprophets (very good live)
    Antiproduct (cant wait to see these. supposed to
    be crazy)
    Ill Nino (might be good)
    Tool ( hopefully theyll be just as good as last year)

Does anyone know what time it'll be over at or a time table for the bands? Be cooler if Aiken were promoting it, they already have an XtremeFest site up with all the info on it. Poxy MCD.

I heard that Mad Capsule Markets were added to the Irish Ozzfest Lineup yesterday, if so then im even happier now:)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by lordsippa

Can anyone put up a full list of who's playing?
    OZZY OSBOURNE
    TOOL
    SYSTEM OF A DOWN
    SLAYER
    THERAPY?
    LOSTPROPHETS
    DROWNING POOL
    CYCLEFLY
    SKINDIVE

The Stage Two line-up is:
    AMERICAN HEAD CHARGE (exclusive Irish Show)
    KITTIE
    MUSHROOMHEAD
    ANTI PRODUCT
    PULSE ULTRA
    ILL NINO
    SUPERSKIN

OHMIGOD! just remembered Kittie are playing! HOW'D I FORGET!?

Hopefully they'll be good live. I'm strangely doubting it though... still... all girl rock bands (that are good) are rare enough so i think i'll give them a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

i had planned to go to ozzfest, but then i managed to flush my academic future down the toilet in one fell swoop, so i'll be hibernating with a box of tissues for the next while. blub!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I'd only go to see Tool really. I saw Ozzy and Sabbath at Ozzfest before and wasn't too impressed, sorry Lordsippa :)

Therapy? I dislike, the lead singers a gimp imho. But I'm just jealous cos hes slightly richer than me. ;)

SOAD for energy and Slayer.

Not the greatest Ozzfest lineup in recent history by a long shot.

I'm going to Witnness instead since its way more of a selection, even though I won't be able to mosh convincenly to most of the lineup.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm REALLY looking forward to SOAD and Slayer (first time seeing SOAD and second seeing Slayer). It's going to be my third time seeing Therapy? and every time, they just get better!

Tool, I'm not huge into them, but I'm looking forward to seeing them none-the-less. I'd like to see Kittie, Mushroomhead and Ill Nino aswell.

Then of course, there's the man himself which should be cool.

ROLL ON THE WEEKEND!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I can't wait to see Drowning pool, Tool, Mushroomhead and...American Head Charge, who are a brilliant band.

Just a pity Slipknot and Mudvayne aren't playing, I saw them at the UK Ozzfest last year and they were by far the best bands.

P.S Does anyone know what time the concert is over at? I think Punchestown only has a licence till 10pm, but this might have changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

ticket sales are very bad for OZZ FEST.... only about 8,000 sold....
    punchestown racecourse is a big place, it will look very empty on the day of the concert...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I'm goin ...mainly to se Tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [quite possibly the best band ever (apart from the pumpkins)] aswell as Ozzy, SOAD, and every body else!! cant fookin wait. cyas there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

I cant wait to see SOAD and Tool :D

BTW a m8 was telling me that System of a down and Ozzy pulled out, any truth to this?

Main Stage
    Ozzy Osbourne - 9.30pm - 11pm
    Tool - 7.45pm - 9pm
    System of a Down - 6.15pm - 7.15pm
    Slayer - 4.45pm - 5.45pm
    Therapy? - 3.40pm - 4.20pm
    Lostprophets - 2.35pm - 3.15pm
    Drowning Pool - 1.35pm - 2.15pm
    Cyclefly - 12.35pm - 1.15pm
    Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society - 11.45pm - 12.15pm

Second Stage
    Kittie - 9.30pm - 10.15pm
    American Head Charge - 8.25pm - 9.05pm
    Ill Niño - 7.25pm - 8.05pm
    Mushroomhead - 6.20pm - 7pm
    Skindive - 5.15pm - 6pm
    Hell Is For Heroes - 4.15pm - 4.45pm
    Superskin - 3.20pm - 3.50pm
    Pulse Ultra - 2.30pm - 3.50pm
    Flaw - 1.40pm - 2.10pm
    Otep - 12.50pm - 1.20pm
    Anti Product - 12 noon - 12.30pm

Originally posted by Chowmein
    BTW a m8 was telling me that System of a down and Ozzy pulled out, any truth to this?
    Your friend is a tit! No Ozzy means no Ozzfest. Shame on you for believing him! :D

The only thing I'd worry about now is the bloody weather. Seems were in for a bit of a soaking.

Personally I can't wait. There are two busses going from my town which should be a bit of a laugh. And I see Black Label Society are playing after all! I really am looking forward to seeing them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Did not realy bleave him, seen as it was heard from a friend kinda news :)

BTW what time is it starting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The schedule is up at www.mcd.ie

• Advertisement

ARGH! NO! NOT OZZY AND KITTIE AT THE SAME TIME!
    <sigh>... guess i'll have to miss kittie so.

Advertisement