Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot get to a particular website.

• 03-07-2001 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

www.politicalcompass.org

Other people can get to it, yet I get 'Cannot find server' after a big struggle. Potential reasons? Its been like this all evening,and others are seeing the site fine.All other sites are ok for me.If you cannot connect to a site/page, and you know its up etc, what are the most likely reasons etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

a) your ISPs routing may be down or a bit messed up.
    b) its blocked by a firewall or proxy somewhere at your end.
    c) DNS problem .. try their ip: http://64.224.165.166/politicalcompass/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

I couldnt get to it either, or a number of other pages today, so ive just been using www.safeweb.com to get to them. Im on indigo, what about you bug?

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,461 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you have a 'child lock' on your machine / account / server?

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

I dont anyway.

*cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

It was an ISP problem.Neither Indigo nor Eircom could get to it, but Oceanfree could.

Plyd Eircom, case closed.

• Advertisement

Ah hehe, you'd expect if you're paying per min for the net you'd get a decent service eh? I got better dl rates off esat than i do off indigo :/

*cough*

Advertisement