Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien Rice

Options
  • 18-05-2002 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Went to see the guy out of pure curiosity at Music City,Rathmines yesterday evening.I do know the name but as regards anything he songs he does I was a complete virgin!Man, I was impressed..he was really good.ANd the girl that sang with him,(Linda,I think) was a real cutie.
    "Like a woman,like a man" was the absolute dogs bo***x!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 empathy

Yeah, i must say the Damien Rice is really cool. They guy is i just so damn carismatic and likeable.....Still haven't bought 'O' yet but hoepfully will get around to it. Oh, and Lisa, the singer (who i think is damien's g/f) is very good alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Hate him & his music. She's 5x more talented than he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Don't get me wrong,Im not saying he's the second coming,it was just refreshing to hear something of that quality.First impressions is that he doesn't seem to be an asshole,he wasn't on any sort of power trip,he just got up there played a few songs then buggered off.
    It was my first time seeing him and I'll think I'll give the benefit of the doubt and buy "O".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

tom...try getting yer hands on some juniper material...likely to be difficult but well worth any difficulty! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah i was really expecting damien rice to be so boring, form the impression i got off people on the baord. but i really enjoyed some of the songs! I preferred his stuff to mundy's (which i thought would be the other way round), dunno if i'd buy o just yet, ight wait till iveheard more of his stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement