Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First results back in

Options
  • 18-05-2002 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

So it seems that the first part of the ballots are back. This new electronic voting seems to be the way forward for knowing the quick result but then again how tamper proof is it really. The news that Nora Owen did not get back in must have upset the FG apple cart but i just wonder is that the precident for the country, Nora Owen said that it will not be the norm as in the meath constituency the 2 FG seats where still FG and were not lost at all, now bear in mind that this is the one time leader of the country John Bruton, no matter how bad things are you will always elect the big boys, albert reynolds got back the same as all party leaders (P de Rossa ( i cant spell the irish for Francis) just about got back in on the last elction, if memory serves me right it was the 7th or 8th count that got him relected).

This should be fun to see will Berties crew get the land slide that was predicted, will Mary Harney come acrop to the rath of the Taxi men of dublin and will Michael Noonan do any damage in his first election as the leader of his party.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

will Michael Noonan do any damage in his first election as the leader of his party.

And his last if he doesn't...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Judging soooooo far he is not even denting the electorate, but in all fairness I dont think he will be retiring just yet.

Judging soooooo far he is not even denting the electorate, but in all fairness I dont think he will be retiring just yet.

Who said anything about retiring? :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Originally posted by dahamsta
    will Michael Noonan do any damage in his first election as the leader of his party.

And his last if he doesn't...

adam

and his last
    they dont get fired they usually bow out gracefully

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, at the moment, FF are running away with it, FG are getting whipped, Labour doing fairly poorly, PD's and Sinn Féin doing better than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Don't forget FF always get most of the first 80 seats.

Having said that, Phil Hogan's already starting trouble (read: getting ready to get behind the next leader so he can stab him in the back in five years)

Wonder how he gets on with Michael Ring...

(edit)
    John Bruton has also been fast to make fairly scathing remarks
    http://www.ireland.com/focus/election_2002/news/breaking/breaking86-18-05-02.htm

I hate to say it, but...

Noonan resigns as FG leader

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Dick Spring lost his seat.

Feck.

So did Mitchell, Shatter, Clune, Curry, Owen, Dukes, Flanagan, Creed and Hayes!

adam

Advertisement