Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best PCI/AGP vid card for p200 (possibly MMX)?

• 30-06-2001 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I might be getting a P200 and i need a good vid card to go with it. I don't hink a GefForce MX CI would help, nor would a TNT2, though maybe the M64, would a vooDoo2 with my existing 1meg Cirrus card do anything? I needa fair bit of vd ram too. I'll be playing Delta Froce over it, and those voels need cpu powah and memory.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Delta Force 1, 2 or 3 (Land Warrior) ?
    The reason I ask is that Land Warrior is the only 3D card enhanced version, I believe.
    I would also consider a 32 or 64MB Radeon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

A Radeon would be completely wasted overkill.

With that speed I'd stick with a TnT/V2SLI. Anything more and again it'll be wasted.

DF-2 only allows 32bit 3d, and none of the suitable cards will run it at usable framerates on your PC with that Bit-depth (And since it only accelerates objects, not the terrain, it's not really a big deal)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

yeah, sorry, DF1. its only a P200 but it only takes a p166 to run DF1. I am almost certain teh mobo for it doesn't ahvea n AGP slot. I ahvea really crappy 1meg Cirrus logic card as stated. i 8could* use this witha VooDoo2 for Cs, but teh 1meg card wouldn't run DF1 frown.gif
    I think I'llm stay away from ATi cards.
    A Pci TNT1/2 seems the only option. Anyone ahv one or 2 lying around collecting dust?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i would not waste a geforce of any flavour on that chip as it just wont be able to feed a Geforce.
    id say voodoo2 or voodoo2 in SLI mode, and im sure you could find this setup for less that £50 now.

Britany Spears Looking incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Up until recently I had a p-200mmx with a voodoo2. On that system the card was fairly badly bottle-knecked,so draw your own conclusions.

Ill give you a hand. aything over a voodoo2 = t.f.w.m*

*total fvcking waste of money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

SyxPak,

If I have an idea as to where you're getting this mobo, then I can confirm that there's no AGP slot mate. smile.gif It is an MMX board tho. My old P200 at home used to have a Voodoo Banshee. It was ok for HL. I can't say much more than that about it.

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

screw a voodoo of any description.. put in a tnt1, then you can play quakeworld decently enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

now would any of ye be so kind as to donate or sel cheaply a card of such spec?
    TNT1, VooDoo2, VoDoo2 x2 in SLI, or a Banshee will suffice. I have up to £40 waiting, though would pay more for SLI V2 as my cousin also needs a VooDoo. He's stuck witha Riva128 hard-soldered onto his Gateway mobo. He also has a Celeron 400

Advertisement