Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adsl net-lan

Options
  • 18-05-2002 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

MADRID (AFX) - Telefonica SA unit Telefonica de Espana SA said it has invested 25 mln eur in a new service ADSL Net-LAN for small and medium-sized companies.
    In a statement, Telefonica de Espana said the service will facilitate improved communication between companies' headquarters and their various offices throughout the country.

It said the price of the new service is from 50 eur per month

B+F 18/05/02

dunno if this should be here or in ioffl. is this the same as eircons adsl.? lan is a small fiber/copper ring ,like an exchange to house????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by skrobe
    MADRID (AFX) - Telefonica SA unit Telefonica de Espana SA said it has invested 25 mln eur in a new service ADSL Net-LAN for small and medium-sized companies.
    I don't read Spanish, and I don't see anything on their website that I can 'fish, so I'm totally guessing here.

It could be a repackaging of a simple DSL line, with a nice combo hub/router on the end. It could be a service using point-to-point ADSL to link multiple business premises on a private network - no Internet involved. Could be a combination of the two with a VPN between the routers. Could be a solution aimed at enabling teleworking.

It's unlikely to be a new or ethernet-based technology.

Advertisement