Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the joys of 2002

Options
  • 18-05-2002 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

the exams are finished (for some of us anyway), the sun is out (after the rain stops) and the upgrade time is nigh :) the console wars are going a bit too mental for me and its very hard to see what the hell is really going on. thank god for the PC.

its time to close the curtains, lock the doors and break all contact from the real world as i take you on the tour of my favourite and most anticipated games of 2002!

FPS: Unreal II
    time to blow the crap out of everything in style! if you have seen the tractor demo of the engine you will know that this is gonna be one of the nicest looking FPSes to date. this is a tough nut to crack since the fps market has blown up in the last year or so. we demand perfection!

Runner Up: CS: Condition Zero, Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix

RTS: Republic: The Revolution
    imagine being a pimp. having control of all your bitches, their money and the territory. well, republic is all that! except for the bitches part. they are replaced by one million citizens with their own unique AI. some of them could be prostitutes, but who knows.

Runner Up: Warcraft III, Age of Mythology, Sudden Strike II, Homeworld 2

Racing: Grand Theft Auto 3
    what did you expect? Lego Racers 2 or something. :) ive made a list of mp3s that i will play in the game: Busta Rhymes - Fire it Up, FSOL - we have explosives, the doors - la woman, daft punk - revolution 909, beastie boys - sabotage, adam f - dirty harry, outkast - BOB and anything by johnny cash for some hard dirty outlaw music.

Runner Up: Grand Prix 4, TOCA Race Driver

RPG: Star Wars Galaxies
    NEWS: today Star Wars: Galaxies, the highly anticipated online rpg from lucasarts is released, millions of copies sold, game of the year blah blah blah.
    3 YEARS LATER: human reproduction is down 89%. Scientists predict humans will be extinct by 2067. in other news, wookie grooming kit patch is released, many rejoice!

that could be true. :) looks like a winner game alright.

Runner Up: Neverwinter Nights, EVE: the second genesis

thats all im looking forward to. im sure theres plenty more, but that will be enough to curdle any console fanboy's blood for quite some time. post your own predictions so we can laugh at your inept gameness!

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

lol, nice post, especially the star wars bit :)

Some great games there alright. PC is lookin good...

Hmm not really looking forward to anything on the pc at the mo with excetpion of CS:CZ. Glad ffx will be out in a few weeks.

BTW Ive always meant to say this adnans, I love ur sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

got a copy of unreal 2 beta :)
    OMFG i can hardly wait
    And SOF 2 beta:(
    Damn thing wont work and they wont send me the patch as its 105mb and i got 56k.

hoping to get Age of mythology beta but doubt it.
    I did a beta test for Sky Sports manager and then emailed every games company in the world(i think i got em all).
    And told them about my "experience " in the beta testing field.
    and some sent me cds others gave me links and password to dload the beta (56k never gonna happen)
    BTW Spy Sports was the worst game i have ever played and they gave me a few months free i couldnt even give that away.
    kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

GTA3 is going to be best game ever, and it will be even better running on my new pc :)
    anyone know if its coming on dvd or cds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Good question.....
    I guess cd as PC can read compressed folders better then ps2 and GTA 3 on PS2 was 1,4 gig or thereabouts.
    So maybe it be compressed and if need be a 2nd cd.
    more ppl ahve cd roms then dvd-roms.
    Kdja

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

And are you not looking foward to DOOM 3 and unreal 2. to good fps games wo come soon, but how soon is anyones guess.

Oh and duke nukem forever should be out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Personally I think Duke Em Nukem Forever is an elaborate troll (probably something to do with Bubbles I suspect)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, doom3, unreal2, nukem forever, and possibly half-life 2. tis going to be a decent year for fps's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

you wont see Republic: The Revolution this year..

Its been in development even longer than some tribunals in Dublin Castle..

No one has seen anything since they went mad with shots a few E3's ago. They did look good tho...

Lets hope its good tho :)

(duke nukem forever seems to be appearing on FTP sites here and there over the last 24 hours so it must be out soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I seem to remember quite a steady stream of screenshots of Republic over the last few months.

Interesting to see that Star Wars: Galaxies is PS2 and XBox bound too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

star wars galaxies isnt confirmed on other formats yet, plus the beta test applications are open!!!!!

GO GO GO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

Originally posted by tman
    yeah, doom3, unreal2, nukem forever, and possibly half-life 2. tis going to be a decent year for fps's

HALF-LIFE 2 when, where, how,

i heard nothing about it until now where did you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Dungeon Siege which is out now...
    Elder scrolls: Morrowind is amazing.. will be out at the end of the month.. get it.. im playing it at the moment and its class..

Biggest RPG im waiting for though is Neverwinter Nights and wil also look out for Icewind dale 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Star wars galaxies isn't an RPG its a MMOG ffs.

Also shadowbane is going to kick its arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

half life 2 definitly exists. my sister seen a presentation by havok and they mentioned that they were working with valve doing some stuff for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    half life 2 definitly exists. my sister seen a presentation by havok and they mentioned that they were working with valve doing some stuff for it.
    april fool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Anyone manage to get their hands on an AMD/nVidia chip yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I should be nice to Republic as they are with our publisher, but the shots I have seen here in the office from Eidos and from E3 look poo...

Looks no better than CS for all their sh1te about how l33t the engine was/is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i heard half life 2 will be out in 'fall 2002' earlier in the year... you never know, miracles could happen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unreal 2 looks amazing but i don't think epic games have it in them to make a decent game especially after playing unreal 1 again and realising it's far worse than i remember. Warcraft 3 is the one i'm looking forward to. Can't wait to trash praetorian in a lan game!!!!! 2002 is looking very promising for games especially since 2001 was so dull apart from the release of the gba.

• Advertisement
Advertisement