Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorcycle parking in the city

Options
  • 18-05-2002 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the story is with parkin a bike in the multistorey car parks in town?? Do they charge full price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep. Full price for cars bikes and vans in the ones run by FPS anyway.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

you have a bike and you want to park it in a multistorey car park? Err.. reality check... arent there any footpaths, large traffic islands, etc left? ya cant get much lower than paying to park a bike... No offence or nothin but its just mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I was just wondering if anywhere had specaial rates cause I hate parking on foot paths and traffic islands because it's so easy for someone to just walk up and damage my bike, the multi stories have atleast some security.

Saw one bike in town taht someone celotaped a message onto the tank saying that they shouldn't be parked on the foot path. It's aoubt time the corpo copped ona nd supplied something better than the site of teh road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Agreed, I've seen fuskers pushing bikes parked on paths over. Even chased after one once.

To answer your question, the multistory behind Virgin/UCG cinema on parnell street, have given me a dscounted price before..

I just walked up to the dude at the desk behind the glass, handed him my ticket, annd said.. "What for a motorbike, I'm not even taking a parking space"

Another occasion I parked beside 2 other bikes sharing the same space and said something like "sure there's 3 bikes taking the space assigned for a full car, you cant charge me full price."

Generally walk up to the dude behind the glass on the way out and ask.. I've found that they usually say yes...

Advertisement