Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus phone lines

• 02-07-2001 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Ok im not talking about powernet im talking about there phone service.Just recently ive come across two people that have had this problem so i thought i might post this to help any poor souls pulling there hair out over it.Chorus standard phone service only uses 16bps so when people try to connect to there isp they tend to either get rejected or a false error message saying that the modem cant be detected (due to a port being left open from previous attempts)the strange thing is some times you can connect some times it takes an hour ect ect very eratic.How to cure the problem.You have to phone chorus and ask them to bump your line up to 32bps or better still 64bps.Im told (by a chorus engineer who also had this prob smile.gif)that this should fix the problem.If chorus give you grief just tell them that you were promised a service equal to if not better than eircom`s and if they dont fix it youll be moving back to eircom.

Stone biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

thx for the info stone. i have both chorus phone and powernet (i think everyone knows that by now) so i never gave a thot to connecting via thier phone service.

just wanted to say for anyone who might happen by...thier phone service is top notch for normal phone line usage.

just happened to have my latest bill in front of me:

82 calls under 50p = 2:37:34 duration = 3.76£
    1 call to the states 8:55 duration = .88£ (10 pence a minute to the states!)
    1 call to mobile 6:58 duration = .86£ (mobile is more expensive then stateside!)

Total cost of all calls including vat last month = 6.61

no line rental to eircom...when was the last time u had a phoe bill for 6.61? anyone? 1971?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

well i was wondering if chorus can chuck down 64bps would it be useble as an isdn alternative to eirconing (*******s)if say you already own a ta able of these speeds ?not to mention the fact that the phone lines (airborn as they are) must be in a digital format.Surley in this topsy turvy old world there must be a way of taking advantage of this fact.

Stone smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

F U C K M E P I N K !
    or don't
    those Chorus prices are class.
    I live about 8miles from Galway city. Do chorus do their majic this far out?
    I also have a DACS box on my pole. I was thinking of getting isdn to get rid of it but if I tell Eircom i'll switch to Chorus I might get a response out of the b1tches yet!

Advertisement