Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Fusion To Radically Change Packages Next Week

Options
  • 18-05-2002 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Esat fusion will launch new packages for it's residential services early next week. It will include a focus on seriously undercutting Eircom but at the same time removing unprofitable products. Esat Fusion is set also to be renamed as simply "Esat".

So what are they going to launch?

I bet that they will stop offering packages to be who don't take their home phone service. If they don't remove No limits there is a good chance you will only be able to still access the package if you change telco to Esat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Just got the bill for no limits in the door a few days ago. They have just changed it so you have to pay every two months now instead of the one month. Its extremly unlikely they are discontinuing it if they just changed its paying method.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd like to think that (obviously:D)

However it has only happened as a result of them now sending two-monthly bills for all their landline services (my regular phone bill, NoLimits included, now comes every two months).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I hope to hell they introduce some kinda cheaper package then 1.6c a min access, if so I'm with.
    Even if its not a flatrate package, as long as its cheaper then 1.6c a min I'm with it

Death to Eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

this should be interesting..
    Its a shame esat suffered suge huge losses when snl was around, I bet it turned them right off attempting it again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

stereo_steve, the paying timing was changed for all Esat Fusion packages a few months ago. I don't think this will have any baring on their altering of packages. Although if they did cut it they would probably have to give 2 months + notice.

Cabaal, they recently altered the price of internet access to 1c at off-peak. Another reduction? maybe, but i would bet against it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i really hope they dont change or close SNL. i love it. I would change to Esat if i had to keep on it.

I am spending the summer at home and the bill will be massive if i have to go back to pay per minute internet. Surely the can reach agreement on a fixed rate now that broadband has been agreed.

Eircom make me sick. Espically when you look at other less well of countries than us and they have much better internet access than us.

When will we catch up.!!!!

Lets start a campaign Save Surf No Limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

save?
    esat kicked off all the high end users this time last year....people like myself...and probally most people on this board who had it

Originally posted by irishgeo
    Lets start a campaign Save Surf No Limits.

One of the things IOFFL is trying to achieve through provision of flat-rate (you can't have been hanging around here without having it shoved in your face:))

www.irelandoffline.org
    Member forum at
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=60

Be warned though - the mods are mean feckers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    save?
    esat kicked off all the high end users this time last year....people like myself...and probally most people on this board who had it

I was a high end user too, but i wrote an emailing, practically begging them to keep me on. It worked.

Well Esat didn't really have a choice, that fu**ing company called Eircom charged too much for the 1332103001235 number.

Eircom have messed everything up so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by sceptre
    Be warned though - the mods are mean feckers:D
    Harsh but fair ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Has there been any update on this story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    save?

Remember 1st June 2001 remembered for the thousands cut off from surf no limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

here's a funny one, the bill that someone I know got for their "IOL Gold" account was 1 euro 28 cents.

anyone have any info on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Fungus
    Esat fusion will launch new packages for it's residential services early next week.

OK, this was posted on 18th May. It's now the 28th..10 days later...nothing in the news, no press releases, nada on their website...

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Any new prices on flat rate ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

a month later and it hasnt happened fungus where do u get your info?

Originally posted by Dr.Seagull

It was quoted in quite a few newspapers at the time. Looks like they're taking their time telling us about it though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Originally posted by Dr.Seagull

Some newspaper at the time. Sorry that it winded up been not true. I still think the change will happen it has just been delayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

no problem i was just curious
    yes id say it will happen eventualy too it always takes irish telco ages to do anyhting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Originally posted by TrickyKid
    here's a funny one, the bill that someone I know got for their "IOL Gold" account was 1 euro 28 cents.

anyone have any info on that.

When they introduced the regular 2 monthly bill the dates for all the IOL subscription payments had to be brought into line with the rest of their services. So your mate got charged 1.28 to move his payment date forward a few of days. We were a little confused about it too, gave em a call .... which was fruitless of course, but then common sense prevailed!

rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement