Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just one vote...

Options
  • 18-05-2002 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know how many of you have seen that bogus list going around by email, giving examples of where "just one vote" would have made a difference.

Finally, there's an example of somewhere where just one preference would have made a difference.

Dan Neville (FG) has been elected from Limerick West on count 4 with 8564 votes. Last eliminated was Michael Finucane (FG) with 8563.

I know Finucane's election manager well - time to make that "bet you wished you'd called to just one more house" call soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

A few years go I tought that my vote wouldnt decide anything but after tonight that has all changed. I put J. Dennehy as my 2nd preference vote to T.Hanlon of Sinn Fein and since that the vote is transfered to Dennehy that has made a difference.
    My old man put in dennehy as his 2nd choice to T. Neville so those two votes will get him through unless theres a different result tomorrow.
    I voted for dennehy for his exellent work around Togher.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Rebel18
    I voted for dennehy for his exellent work around Togher.
    It would have been nice to see some work from him in the Dáil also, but alas.... ;)

Advertisement