Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Star Wars forum

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

ok, if its set up as a private forum, will whoever the mod is, please give me access to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I say private board (at least as a test).

Two reasons:

One, it allows doodee to discuss star wars without feeling all vunerable and meek.
    Two, it won't fragment boards any more and it'll be all hush hush so others can't point to it as an example.

Of course, if in a year or so time (when the video release has come and gone) there's still a large amount of traffic i'd have very little quibbles with it being a community board.

I still don't see what's so bad about talking on sci-fi... half the fun of science fiction and fantasy is bickering about which series is better... i mean, what are cons for eh?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Doodee
    However if all we can get is a private forum then leave it at that.
    Ya cant go demanding ****e... its their Terms or None at all...

Curious. You all presume too much.
    (god I kill myself)

There isnt one admin who has voiced an opinion about this yet on this thread. 6 pages of logical argument back and forth which is pointless because you presume we work on some kind of logical basis for doing things.

Have I mentioned that I like cake?

So, in light of my fondness for cake I will talk to the other admins and see what they think. If, for example, they ALSO like cake we will create this board as a community board.
    If on the other hand, they have tired of cake, then we will not.

Perhaps it will work out and flourish and perhaps it will not.

Am I getting the whimsical, illogical and totally inconsistent basis on which we make what can only laughingly be referred to as "decisions" around here?

Good.

Now I must go sing to my cat. Tiddles.

DeVore.

Originally posted by DeVore

Have I mentioned that I like cake?

So, in light on my fondness for cake I will talk to the other admins and see what they think. If, for example, they ALSO like cake we will create this board as a community board.
    If on the other hand, they have tired of cake, then we will not.

Perhaps it will work out and flourish and perhaps it will not.

Am I getting the whimsical, illogical and totally inconsistent basis on which we make what can only laughingly be referred to as "decisions" around here?

Good.

Now I must go sing to my cat. Tiddles.

lol, have you been taking any kind of mind altering drugs lately?:rolleyes:

btw, i like cake too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

God.
    Stress getting to you finally Dev ;)

Cake or Death?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Yeah i'd be up for this......

definately a good idea wether public or private.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Go on Dev, you know you want to. Deep down you're a nerd too ;)

Still totally supporting this. Private forum or otherwise. I personally think it would be too popular for private forum. That way we'll miss out on all the debates on Ep1 and Ep2.

Myself and Doodee will take full responsibility if it fails. I will personally make sure to take away Doodee's cake and give it to someone else to eat.

If it's a private board we can be ultra-sad and have little titles. Like Stormtrooper, Jedi, Jedi Knight ;)

Oh monday mornings. Plus I've got the flu. I'm probably seeing things right now.

Hey... My cake Ehh
    /me looks over to his Stormtrooper costume...

apparently my cake is cheese cake (Angelwhores suggestion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

What kind of cake is this? I hate carrot cake, chocolate fudge cake is nice, or is this some kind of methaphor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Brother Jedis,
    Do not be sidetracked by this talk of Cake.
    Please try to Stick to the issue at hand the creation of a private star wars board.Where we can discuss why Princess Leia was the ultimate seventies Sci fi pin up without some wonder woman fanatic,for whom i have the utmost respect insisting "Lynda Carter,because she was A former Miss America Champion,you know."Yes we already knew that thank you.
    Please clear your minds of thoughts of cake,their pleasures are illusioury.
    There will be plenty of time to discuss cake later,in our own personal private starwars forum.Where we can poll our ten favorite cakes to eat whilst watching empire strikes back.
    mmmmn Cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...it seems that all this talk of cake has put the skids under things here, doesn't it?

Anyway, if you'll excuse me, I think I see Mr. Kipling's van... :D

Gadget

DeVore started the talk of cake.

we could talk about his cat tiddles if you prefer. How about a board dedicated to tiddles ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Hehehe... to quickly divert your attention to The Farside,

"What about ice-cream?"

Marie Antoinnette makes a last ditch attempt...

always loved that one...

Private...public...it doesnt matter...

also...Cake IS TEH WEiN!

Fudge Cake, Doodee. There is no other cake. Except maybe Cheesecake.

Back to the issue at hand!
    "Ehhhh..... talk about Star Wars!!"

(For anyone else nerdy enough to remember the geek saying that to Mark Hamill in the Simpsons)

Whaddaya say Dev? We can be sweet little puppies. Honest. We won't ask for anything else ;) I'll even send you some cake.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Cloud is away at the moment. He's back tomorrow.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

We love you too Shinji :)

• Advertisement

Judging by all the replies this got, it rightly deserves its own piece of cake even if it is carrot.

As a matter of interest where does this rate on the highest number of replies to a thread?

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle

As a matter of interest where does this rate on the highest number of replies to a thread?

well off the topic, this is the longest thread i've seen on boards

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49339

I thought this surely would be one of the longest.
    So will there be a definitive answer when Cloud comes back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

word of advise caesar...keep it on topic or the admins will lock the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

SW should have a forum, going by the boards on the community list of boards there is no reason for it not to have a board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

[off topic]
    this is pretty long
    [/off topic]

• Advertisement

lets get back on topic. clouds back now, have you guys had your chat yet? do we finally get our Star Wars board?

Cloud is back on wednesday.

the cake is being baked.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Cloud is back on wednesday.

oh, i thought i saw him a couple of hrs ago in the "Users Browsing this Forum" list on this board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

The cake is baked! Can I put the icing on it, please please.

I have sprinkles ready aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

(Community/Star Wars), with GreenHell at the, erm, Green helm.

Have fun with it, folks.

Gadget
    P.S.> Is it time to close this thread?

Advertisement