Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan slowing

• 19-05-2002 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭

I have a 1.2 GHZ Thunderbird on an ABIT KT7A-Raid however recently on occasion when I start up the machine the fan makes strange sounds or it appears to slow when the CPU is intensively used and it then reboots either locking up and not detecting IDE devices or cyclically rebooting.. if I take a hoover to it(the fan and the heatsink), or spin the fan manually,the machine will sometimes stay on for a few hours.. Any one know what is going on here? Temperatures on the CPU seem within norms?

Cheers,

lph

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

That's funny, what power supply are you using? Have you overclocked it at all?

I had a similar problem when I was overclocking mine, funny reboots and devices not being detected, until I raised the vcore. (by 0.2v or so)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Get a new cpu fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

Not overclocking it.. and its got a decent enermax 350W PSU..will try new fan :( cheers

lph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Try lube the axial of the fan with silicone lube.
    It worked for me before.
    But buying a new one is probally a better idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Get some Pabst off Radionics.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Get some Pabst off Radionics.ie

Do you mean Papst?
    I'd get a 49Db 69CFM Delta 80mm.

Oh wait i got 3. Best fans ever.

Try the new YsTechs aswell

Advertisement