Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom adsl

• 03-07-2001 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

just on there site and they say
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Thank you for your interest in ADSL and eircom's plans to bring this new service to customers.
    Our aim is to offer the best ADSL enabled service we can, to as many customers as possible,
    from Autumn this year.
    From Monday July 2nd '01 we will be conducting an operational trial of ADSL technology.
    The purpose of the trial is to test the end to end processes related to the technology.

The rollout of ADSL requires a significant technological upgrade of each telephone
    exchange. 9 exchanges in Dublin are being upgraded for the trial to allow for a proportionate
    cross-section of customers. The planned upgrading of additional exchanges at launch will
    ensure that we reach as many of our customers as possible with a quality product within a
    short time period.

The benefits of ADSL are expected to attract particular interest from the business community.
    However, we will be inviting both business and residential customers, whose telephone line
    meet the pre-qualification criteria, to come on the trial.

Customers will be contacted by mail and will be asked to call a dedicated freefone number to
    apply for the trial. The limited number of places on the trial will be allocated on a first come,
    first served basis and installations will commence on Monday July 2nd '01.

Details of our ADSL product offering at launch are still under discussion with the other service
    providers and the Telecommunications Regulator. However, as soon as we are in a position to
    provide customers with more specific details of our ADSL offering and our plans for launch, we
    will do so </font>

anyone getting it ??? or got it ? any news ? and second most inportant question whats the speeds .

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

More importantly again if we can find out this 'dedicated freephone number' and you're on the right exchange you could be laughing!!

Anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Kaidos

Muahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Canadian

Just got this from Eircomm (I live in Blackrock):
    =================================
    Thank you for your recent interest in our ADSL trials. Unfortunately your line does not meet our current trial specs.

However I have noted your e-mail address and will contact you when further information becomes available.

Marketing Programmes Manager
    ADSL Marketing and Planning
    Eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Canadian:
    Just got this from Eircomm (I live in Blackrock):
    =================================
    Thank you for your recent interest in our ADSL trials. Unfortunately your line does not meet our current trial specs.

However I have noted your e-mail address and will contact you when further information becomes available.

Marketing Programmes Manager
    ADSL Marketing and Planning
    Eircom
    </font>

We are scheduled to have the first rollout of ADSL from Eircom later this Autumn. There is an operational trial in 10 Dublin exchange areas this summer. However your local exchange is not in scope for this trial.

Please keep an eye on the ADSL pages on www.eircom.ie for further developments. I have noted your e-mail address and as soon as we have further information we will contact you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

so basiclly they make a token gesture after trialling xDSL for 3 FUPPIN YEARS WITH THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES ALLREADY!!!!
    useless. Nad did uye notice that it was mainly for use with businesses, though ' residential customers will be able to avail of thiss too'. bull****.
    They never intended to give it to the little ppl and they never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Well I phoned up yesterday (1800 503 303 by the way) and the technicians are coming out on July 24th to install it. The trials last until the end of September.

I can't ****in wait! biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Oh and the guy on the phone said that once the trials are finished rollout will start, but I'll believe that when I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

jazz my good old buddy old pal ... dont suppose u want a house m8 ?

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

That not as good as you think, theirs a 1gig download limit with the trials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Advertisement
Advertisement