Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LNB Question

• 19-05-2002 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

I got a secondhand UK Digibox recently complete with card.
    I have been trying to get someone in my area to hook this second box up.
    First person told me I needed a second dish!
    Second person told me I needed a twin LNB & that dish would have to be modified. I was quoted €150 for LNB + labour.
    I recently bought a copy of Satellite TV Europe and see various types of LNB advertised by Wizzard Satellite amoungst others.
    I see they offer a "Digidish Twin" for £45 Stg.
    Is this what I want?
    And if I get this would I be able to install it myself?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

U don't say where u are located but u are getting some confusing information.

1. Any dish will do and the bigger the better but I think u have a dish already. If it is a SKY dish then the DUAL lnb u saw will do nicely.

2. It is quite easy to changeover the lnb's and the new one should come with screws, barckets and collar.

3. Just run a second cable from dish but wahtever u do don't move the dish.

4. U will need an F connector but just look at your present set up.

Any other probs just post back here.

Have a look here for a bit more info.

http://www.satcure.co.uk/digifaq2.htm#two

gbcullen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Firstly, GB, thanks for the reply.
    Yes I will be using the original dish I got when I first got Sky Digital.
    Does Digital Satellite require special cable?
    As regards this "F connector". What is that for?
    I plan to have the boxes in seperate rooms, but if I could arrange it so that both where able to be received in both rooms this would be a bonus. I know that they opperate on different frequencies, if you know what I mean, as I had to tune the TV into the second box when testing it.

Again thanks for the reply & I will visit the link you supplied.
    BTW I am in NW Ireland.

Kieran.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

Yes, there is a better than normal tv coax cable that u need for digital satellite it is usually referred to as CT100. I am in the west myself.

It is a doddle to have both boxes in the same room.

I will send u a PM.

GBCULLEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 afarrellie

I got a quad LNB for a sky minidish from www.brymar.co.uk it cost £50 STG.

A quad LNB is 4 Universal LNB's in the same module, it gives 4 independant outputs, so upto 4 digibox's can use the same dish.

An f-connector is a very simple connector that can be bought anywhere, it joins the cable to the dish and minibox.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Advertisement