Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the delay?

Options
  • 19-05-2002 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

I heard this morning that one constituency (I think Cavan-Monaghan) had suspended results until TUESDAY AT THE EARLIEST!!!!! Now, I know that counting's slow because of the antiquated system that's being used (by the way, is this DEFINETELY the last election where the old system will exist?) but what's all that about?? If I used the leisure centre where I presume the count's being held, I would not be too happy at the prospect of it being closed until midweek!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

At least it's only a recount. The way Limerick East is going we may not see a full result till very late tonight.

And you're right on the location - sports centre in Drumalee.

The recount in Cavan Monahan is unlikely to affect anything - there was a gap of 121 between Crawford and Boylan after count 12 (another constituency with two FG after the last seat - 3 actually when I come to think of it). I'm guessing that Boylan wants to make sure that no bundles of 50 went into the wrong pile, as on the last count he picked up 3000 votes compared with Crawford's 1500, still not enough to get him elected.

This is going to be the last paper election. FF are totally committed to it, Dempsey will hopefully get it totally right next time - no "how do I turn this on" like we had in Swords. As a trial it went well on the whole.

Advertisement