Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too careing?

Options
  • 19-05-2002 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting to think I care too much for people, I don't care what people think of me but anytime I meet someone on more than one occasion, talk for a while or whatever I instantly feel the need to help / protect / care for the person. I don't know why but I do.

I have this “must cure the world of all nastiness” mentality going on.

What do-ya think, too caring or do ya just wanna give me a great big hug!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think you should do like Bruce Willis did in "Shattered" and get a cape and use your super powers to cure the world. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Now there's a plan! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yep, I used to feel I worried about other people too much. You kind of grow out of it, you let other people's problems bother you less. That's not to say you turn hard or don't give a feck about anyone, but you realize that people are always going to have problems and there's nothing you can do about it. Even if you do try to help someone with a problem, some people (especially if they don't know you that well) don't appreciate it and feel you're sticking your nose where it doesn't belong etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

ah, it happens to us all, one of the things people tend to give out to me about (in the gentlish kind of way) is that i tend to worry about other people and how what i do affects them.

it isn't too caring but it can make you more susceptioble to depression (from what i've seen from other people).

I generally try not to hurt other people if i can at all help it, and try not to worry too much beyond that, they're allowed their own lives :P to ruin or to enjoy as they wish

<< Fio >>

Originally posted by smiles
    they're allowed their own lives :P to ruin or to enjoy as they wish
    *cough* http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=52144 *cough* ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by azezil
    *cough* http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=52144 *cough* ;)

true.

i care about my friends - i meant enjoy/ruin their lives in the way that i'm not going to tell people what to do, merely to try and help if they ask for it.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I'm starting to think I care too much for people, I don't care what people think of me but anytime I meet someone on more than one occasion, talk for a while or whatever I instantly feel the need to help / protect / care for the person. I don't know why but I do.

i think you dont care as much as youd like to think you care, but rather you act caring in an effort to be seen as a good person and to try and validate yourself in some way.
    perhaps you use other peoples emotional weakness as an excuse to put your arm around people?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mocar

big hug for you from me. you sound as if you need it weight of the world and all that.....

mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

azezil my man, you have too much reflection time.
    I guess your the guy in Celtel whoz always standing still, talking away to himself in a very animated manner?

/you need a holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

your dead right to care , its nice to know somebody doesP.S i want to give you a big hug!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    i think you dont care as much as youd like to think you care, but rather you act caring in an effort to be seen as a good person and to try and validate yourself in some way.
    perhaps you use other peoples emotional weakness as an excuse to put your arm around people?
    I seek no validation in others, I couldn't give a toss what others think of me. The only reason I do it is because people have always been good to me and I'd like to give something back.

I have no hidden agenda's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

If you have no hidden agenda's and really don't care what other people think of you,why are you posting here about these issues then?

I post here for my own well being, to better understand myself...??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I'm starting to think I care too much for people
    Spend some time with me and I'll cure you of that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

Lol on that one corinthian ;)

azezil,
    I have the same problem...perhaps you should pursue a career as a psychiatrist or counselor , I found that putting these skills to work can help...not only yourself but the ones who need someone to care and help them :)
    I was a counselor for awhile and went to college with aspirations of becoming a psychiatrist, but decided to turn and go another route...teaching. You can help that way too ;)
    I have put that on hold for awhile as I am working on publishing a book now but eventually Teaching will be the way for me to get out there and help others
    have you thought about using these feelings towards a career?

have you thought about using these feelings towards a career?
    the thought had crossed my mind, but then too did the thought of the amount of work and study that would required. no thank you very much!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Hussy

big hug from me:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

you are not too caring!
    you are not getting a hug!
    you have never cared for someone for your own validation!
    you work in an internet cafe and you dont study, you have way too much time on your hands!!! :D

What brougth this on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

nice attention seeking stunt there aziezleald

Originally posted by SheroN
    nice attention seeking stunt there aziezleald

Everyone needs some TLC now and then:)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SearrarD
    you are not too caring!
    you are not getting a hug!
    you have never cared for someone for your own validation!
    you work in an internet cafe and you dont study, you have way too much time on your hands!!! :D

What brougth this on?
    quite you, I'm a lovely person :p:D;)

ok this thread is a bit OTT, i don't care that much but i do like to help people whenever i can..... and yes i needed some tlc!! :D

so you could help anyone with anything????????

Ooops, you're in deep now Azezil!
    :)

Originally posted by Hussy
    so you could help anyone with anything????????
    not necessarily but would probably try... think this spaws from watching too much 80's tv! A-Team and the like, helping the helpless n all that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It can probably be treated with medication. You probably watch all those movie of the week wiimin flicks on uk living, based on a true story and all that, where kids or women get badly treated and in the end a caring woman fixes all the worlds wrongs.

Get your own life would be my answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Well said Sheron!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Gordon
    I think you should do like Bruce Willis did in "Shattered" and get a cape and use your super powers to cure the world. :)

It's Unbrakeable :rolleyes:

(unless it was released under another name it the States of course :) )

dern, I always get that wrong
    :)

• Advertisement

What this is still open.... :rolleyes: this thread was not real, i don't care about anyone :p just ask SearrarD ;)

Someone lock it, burn it, nuke it, whatever :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement