Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new "Gateway Guarantee"

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

I have a gateway at home for the last 2 years and never any problems, we use dell in work, they are always releasing updated bios for their motherboards and we had a problem with compatibility with a lot of different sound and video cards, oh yeah only last week they recalled a lot of battteries from the Inspiron laptops cos they might overheat and explode!!! When you ring dell your garentued to be on the phone for at least half an hour listen to elevator music.
    Personally I think all these big companies are the same...go get a Fugitsu..lol they are goin cheap in tesco!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jademan

I have worked with Dell's machine for about 2 years....they are good systems in an it environment...for personal use they are not so great for upgrading especially if you want to replace the motherboard due to the dual connector for the PSU. I have had no problem with there tech support...but mayby that because i used to be atech support agent myself for a pc periferal manufacturer.My only issue is that if any parts other than memory are nicked you cannot buy replacement from Dell...no mather who you are. I do not have any experiance of Gataway's other than been told 5 years ago by an Network Manager to keep away from them as they were so noisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Jademan now u mention it my home gateway is a bit noisy! The hard drive sounds like someone wound it up and let it go...although it is 20gigs and full!!!

Advertisement