Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Green is Herhof?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 stackboundary

As far as I am aware, the idea behind an incinerator is that you take a pile of refuse of mass x and reduce it to roughly 30% of it's previous mass.

Then this highly toxic byproduct that has high traces of substances such as cersote and other highly toxic and or carcinogenic compounds is typically buried in landfill.

'Modern' incinerators are meant to produce 'less' (read 'safe') amounts of byproducts such as carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide (contributory subsctances in acid rain) and cerosotes (recently dumped in Waterford bay), but I would suggest that this is a highly subjective definition of 'safe' as 'old' incinerators were also meant to be 'safe', and this assertion was found not to be the case.

You say tomato I say tomatoe, in any case recycling is by far the ecologically concious choice to waste disposal, incinerators work to reduce the mass of what gets put into landfill, nothing more, no matter how much big brother government droids attempt to sell incinerators demagogicaly as a pseudo environmentally friendly solution to waste disposal.

Yes it does dispose of waste and reduces the mass of what gets put in landfill, no, it is by no means an environmental solution to waste disposal.

Now choke yourself

Advertisement