Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one for RTS fans....

Options
  • 19-05-2002 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

I was browsing through smyths the other day and found Homeworld for 6 blummin euro! ("$old out" budget label)

This was one of the best rts games I have played....period.

Id heartily recommend going without that one JD and coke/whopper meal and getting your mits on this if you havent had the chance to play it and want a nice tough challenge :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

excellent, that saves me accusing people of taking my copy of homeworld and never returing it. :)

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Snaga

Id heartily recommend going without that one JD and coke/whopper meal and getting your mits on this if you havent had the chance to play it and want a nice tough challenge :)

mmmmmm JD and coke and whopper meal..... nyooooooom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i think i could go without a whopper meal but if i had to give up an xl bacon double cheese burger meal i would have to say oi homeworld....NO your to expensive NO. but project igi is budget now and i think everyone should be geting it. play it while one of those really tense bits in alias are on the telly and it rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

i bought homeworld at full price
    it had everything... great graphics, great sound, great music...

excpet there was no tactics involved due to having no terrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

pah I say mr dbc, pah! (not to be confused with the similar sounding and exactly the same meaning 'bah')

There most certainly were tactics, albeit bloody difficult to pull off ones.

Ships do respond to attacks from different directions (i.e. the taiidans disliked being hit from above) and the fighter bombers are great in large groups on evasive. Add to that the ability to cloak stuff later on, mine layers, drone frigs etc, theres enough to keep you occupied :)

Its by no means a speed fest (The large lumbering ships do indeed lumber) but its refreshing and confusing as hell in a funny way when you have 50/60 fighters zipping around the place doing your head in!

And it all looks so good too :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement