Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6310i

Options
  • 19-05-2002 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

anyone know when the 6310i is going to be released in ireland? I know they've released the normal version but would like to get my hands on the one with java on-board...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 speedyboy

The suppliers dont have a date for it yet so it'll be a couple of months unless you want to buy it sim free from the UK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Bro has had one for a few weeks.... but he got it from work... so sombody some where has em in stock.... i had my 6210 a good month b4 the general release so id check around if i were you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bats

talking to vodafone on saturday and apparently they're *not* releasing the 6310i on the grounds that it hasn't any virus protection on it?

Makes sense to a point although how much virus protection can you cram into a 32k sim card?

Anyone else hear this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

You wouldn't cram it in to the SIM at all... the SIM isnt the vunreble bit (if it were all phones would be vunreble) id say they are refering to the Java enabled part of the handset, a virus on the handset could delete name/nums and texts stored on it but other then that it dosnt support any functions that could damage the SIM itsself (as far as i know)

Maybe Nokia will respond with a desk top cradle+software....?? Most phones need that at this stage to support backup and restore as well as the extened features most now have...

Advertisement