Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is your external modem as hot as mine?

• 05-07-2001 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

lo there.. is every ones external modem REALLY hot when u feal the top of it.. i mean my is ****ing ROSTING .. really really hot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Mine's a bit warm.
    I wouldn't say hot exactly, but I suppose it depends on how many hours I've been online and how busy the modem has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,461 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah the 33.6 I had tended to get a bit warm. If you are worried, put in somewhere where cool air can get to it.

For the summer keep it out of the sun.

Turn it off when not in use.

!!!Do not try water cooling it!!!

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I leave mine on all the time, and before the whole snl mess it was busy for, em, 14 hours a day. smile.gif

It's only hardly warm, and that's surprising, considering it's sitting right over an old PSU that gets quite hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

just wait for teh post about slapping a Peltier and water pump on your modem

Advertisement