Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards MUD

Options
  • 20-05-2002 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Ok its something I was thinking of doing anyway but mirv has moved it on, so I've started a CircleMUD on games2 on port 4000

The game is still pretty much undefined as far as policies rules etc, so we can evolve this as we go along.

So to start with do we want PK'ing and PT'in (stealing) both are off but I'm going to turn them on this evening if I dont hear differently.

I'll sort out admins and builders later.

Connecting is easy just telnet to games2.iol.ie 4000 and follow the instructions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Other muds we could look at are http://www.dikumud.com/diku/Children/index.asp

keep in mind we're looking for a free one cos we're cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

hehehehehe *snort* heheheh *cackles*

ok its a minor change but teh first of hopefully many
    players will now start with 100 gold, 30 in your pocket the other in the bank.

note with certain telnet clients you may get a warning when entering your username, ignore it and reenter and it shoul dbe fine.

Lets get people on the server

telnet games2.iol.ie 4000
    is all u need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I cant connect...nm

I've replaced the circle mud with a smaug based one. the main readon is that we want to support OLC and its more feature rich out of the box.

If anyone has thoughts on the matter post em.

www.game.org <-- smaug site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I'd be interested in access to the code base if you need another coder.
    I spent over 5 years coding online muds (and more playing them), LPmud, Diku, Rom, Rot, Anatolia. From coder to head coder, to owner. Ran my own for a year. Was head coder on three for a year each. There's nothing I dont know about the Diku/Rom/Rot source tree, including a very good understanding of the low level networking code, and an understanding of everything above it.
    I've completely changed the behaviour of muds, put thousands of hours into the code, am experienced with unix, gcc, gdb (gnu debugger), everything you need to code a mud and have worked as a professional coder. And I'm likely to be bored this summer after my finals finish.
    I wouldnt be interested in just coding minor stuff like spells etc, I'd want to be at least an equal partner in editing the vitals of the mud.
    if you're interested send me a pm. I havent programmed muds in a few years and miss them :) (although I was using the networking code as a reference not a few weeks ago).
    quozl

More the merrier.

The code is as from the box right now, so I'm open to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Blagh, I hope to play soon, exams are still looming :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

sounds like fun, ill drop by this wknd...cant seem to connect from college computers

been mudding for nigh on 4yrs now, ive also done a fair share of smaug coding, learned a bit of it a while back while working on a mud with some friends, so getting back into the coding side of things would be nice if you need some help with races/classes/skills/spells etc

still have my notes/ideas for my last attempt kicking around somewhere aswell, if u wanna glance at em i can email to you (if i can find them :)

pyure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Once I have my networks firewall passed around a good bit I will start checking out this new mud, I have been playing muds for just about 3 years now, would be interesting to start one from scratch...

I'm sure I know a couple of guys irl that would be interested in it aswell, and I'm sure a couple of us could build rooms etc.

Eron - Muddingmaniac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Does this actually work?

Advertisement