Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting problem

Options
  • 20-05-2002 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Folks

I have registered a domain name in the states, and now I want to host in using a company that provide free hosing in the UK. How do I go about doing this ??? All info greatly appreciated.

paddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hi Paddy,

The UK host will give you nameservers (usually 2).

Go to where you got the domain name in the states, and change the nameservers it currently is on to those provided by the new host.

Hey presto! You're done :)

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

just a bit of info , if you are using netsol atm , they are currently mailing some kinda passwd's to their clients , you need this to update the name servers . (they were posted on thursday so they should be here soonish)

me's trying to change server atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

me's trying to change server atm.

Change domain suppliers while you're at it, NetSol are robbers.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Change domain suppliers while you're at it, NetSol are robbers.
    true true , but by a mistake on their side they gave me an extra year on my address, so its good til June 2003 , so i'm not in a hurry tbh. i think i'd probably go with steve seeing as he is in ireland , and he offered good enough prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

although I am completely clueless about the hosting thing steves people do seem to be the cheapest, it just netsol were offering 3 years for the price of 2, so the group I am doing this for said go with them...

I think Steve shall be called upon from now on.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I've found Adgrafix to be good for domains. Less farting around than NetSol anyway. Very easy to change contact, nameserver details etc.. Luvly :D

Advertisement