Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wed page

Options
  • 20-05-2002 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

I know Im not new to boards but...

I dont have a web site or even page and Id like to set up a boards members web page for myself so I can upload pic's so that I can have links to them in posts ect.

Problem is I dont know how to go about setting one up or how to get images on the page.

Sad I know but I only use the net for e-mails, to post and read posts on boards, and to find info on subjects. So I've not had to know much realy to use it.

Can someone tell me how to get a page and how to upload images onto the page.

Please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

try this site

teaches ya everything from a basic to an intermediate level about creating web pages....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

That looks like a good site if i wanted to study but I'm a student and don't know how to;).

I'm a lazy sod and just want to get a quick fix solution for the lazy man. If it involves too much work I'll lose interest and play with my toes instead

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

that is how i learned the basics of HTML.... my lecturer was crap and gave us hardly any notes.... you dont have much of a choice but to learn it... a basic web page isnt that hard to create....

if ya want a quick fix, go and find a really basic site on the net, like some kids home page and view the source code... you will get ideas there...

but i recommed learning some HTML, it will take you about 5min

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

download dreamweaver, you get a 30 day free trial.

easy to use, just drag and drop stuff where you want it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

I'd somehow say that you are better off to just sign up for members space on boards.ie. This way you can upload pics or pages on the space then as you want to link to it... it will be something like ...
    www.boards.ie/members/doc/image.jpg

uploading file's is as easy as using windows explorer... you just navigate to the folder on your pc where the file is then select what file you want from the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by FatB
    I'd somehow say that you are better off to just sign up for members space on boards.ie.
    Just remember that the address / user name would be in lower case only and the login is case sensative.

Advertisement