Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spiderman kicking Star Wars !

• 20-05-2002 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I'm wondering why Star Wars is the losser at the box office?

I may go see one of the films either Star Wars or Spiderman this weekend, and I'm wondering which will be the better flick?

I think the Spiderman crew beat G.Lucas by releasing the film early and getting a good fresh turn out for the Summer block buster!

I also think George Lucas may be loosing out for other reasons.

Universal, WBros, and LucasArts all have high prices on their films, sometimes the Savoy and Omniplex refuse to pay the money for the opening week as the prices are too high, and also Lucas films only want to release Films in Movie Theatres that have Lucas-FX- surrond-sound and will give Lucas films the Number 1 spot in movie theatre for 2 weeks.

Did Lucas lose out to Spiderman because he was too fussy?

What do you all think, why did the other films like "Spiderman" "Lord o the R.." "Colateral Damage" "Harry potter" do better than Star Wars?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Spiderman Isnt out till next month i'm afraid. Hope that helps make your mind up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Apparently star wars is showing on approximately 2000 less screens than spidey due to Lucas' strict conditions for showing the movie in quality cinemas. Naturally that's gonna affect the takings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

it is the weekend takings(Friday, Saturday, Sunday) that are compared though

and Star Wars opened on a thursday, so a lot of people had seen it on that day which isnt included in the weekend takings

so what they're comparing is Spidermans 1st(opened on a Friday)+ 2nd+ 3rd days to Stars Wars 2nd+ 3rd+ 4th days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

go to empire they have the news there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

This Star Wars is crap, even worse then Episode 1, thats why no one is going to see it..

<Authors note: No matter what the facts may be, he is sticking to this point!>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Quick, get 'im!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I'm following NekkidBibleMan's lead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Spider-man is showing in a whooole lot more theaters, that's why it's done better. Personally, I have yet to see Spider-man, not holding out much hope for it being good after seeing the full theatrical trailer.

If you don't like Star Wars in general, you probably won't like Ep 2.

Advertisement