Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If we could c dead people.......

Options
  • 20-05-2002 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

:eek:Well i dont know if i would like to c dead people really but wouldnt it be brill to go to rock n roll heaven for the day?

So my q is, if anybody was fortunate to interview one dead musician

who would it be?:confused:

I think mine would have to be the doors lead man whose name has just vanished from my head.aghhhhhhhhhhh

How annoyin!I wathched the video with Val Kilmer and it was interestin and i could get to look at him with would be sooooooooooooooooooo good! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

It could only be Elvis..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 G-L-O-R-I-A

Jim Morrison (Doors Frontman). No question.

In fact, I can't think of any other dead rock 'n' roll stars I'd even consider......wait, I wouldn't mind meeting Jimi Hendrix either. Or Kurt Cobain for that matter.

But Jim wins hands down, definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Originally posted by G-L-O-R-I-A
    Jim Morrison (Doors Frontman). No question.

But Jim wins hands down, definitely

I think you'll find that Jim isn't dead.

I'd interview Frank Zappa. Just to see what he'd think of todays music scene. And i'd want to know what we missed out on due to his untimely death. it bothers me when i think about what we've missed out on when people are taken from us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

The divine Mr. Jeff Buckley... although i would have no idea what to say to him.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

francie brady..i think u'll find jim was found dead in a bath in france (or something to that effect) however who am i to question u not knowing, i didnt even know frank zappa was dead!!!!!!!!

i dont know about this, because ive met famous people before and they're quite arsehole-ic. i *loved* mark lamarr and when i finally met him, it was such a let down. some of them are nice, but some of them...well, i suppose it comes with the territory of having people love idolise you. although i get to meet them in work a lot and theyre cool they're. But i suppose is i was given the opportunity, the dead famous people i love most would be john lennon, freddie mercury, jefff buckley, jim morrison. and i think i'd be a little scared of buckley, so it'd probably be freddie mercury.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by thedrowner
    francie brady..i think u'll find jim was found dead in a bath in france (or something to that effect) however who am i to question u not knowing, i didnt even know frank zappa was dead!!!!!!!!

I think you find that theres a big question mark over Jims death. His Death cert was forged. there was no doctor found in his flat. No one ever seen his body. When his record bosses came to the flat the coffin was sealed. Why was there only a 30yr lease taken out on the plot for his grave in paris. . His girlfriend is no where to be found. So i'd like to think he's still opening his mind to the doors of perception and writing some beautiful poems. Long live the lizard king.

yes. and elvis is downstairs in my living room right now!!!!
    i dont know...if the drugs didnt do ihm then they'd probably have him done now, he had some weird habits. isnt richie dead now as well? his 7 years are up? when i was younger, i had a more hopeful belief towards stories like that than the ones i ahve now. its possible to take stories like the death of famous people and find reasons as to why they mightent actually be dead and faked it. its too much effort to believe thweyre still alive ;)

Theres no harm in believing it. It's a nice story. I don't actually believe he's alive either but it's nice to think he might be.

yeah, fair enough if u do believe it! or want to! Its just not proof enough for me, but it doesnt bother me if ppl do (as long as theyre not too serious about it ;) ). the reason i said it to u francie, was coz id never heard of that before, so i just thought u didnt know he was dead!
    its eomthig thats obvious to me, so i cant understand how ppl wouldnt know! I'll never forget the first eyars from my old school not knowing who the beatles or the doors were. and my 9 year old (ok..maybe nine is a little young) american cousin didnt know who bob marley was. im too narrow minded to accept that people aare oblivious to things i know so well. (even though this wasnt the case here!)yo were probably shocked i didnt know frank zappa was dead! how long ago did he die? and what from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I know this is gonna sound sad to alot of people,but without a doubt it would have to be Stuart Adamson former Skids and Big Country singer.The guy (and band) had to be the most under-rated muscians ever.Stuart was an amazing guitarist and song-writer who sadly passed away last December.I spoke to him briefly a number of times,and he seemed an absolute gent.I would love to have a couple hours to chat with him.

R.I.P. Man

Tom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I'd talk to Billy Mackenzie from the Associates and tell him that some young Irish upstarts have nicked his name and he'd better get his whippets on the case! :D

No, seriously, I would like to talk to wee Billy, he had a beautiful voice and released some fantastic records, then killed himself a few years ago (ironically just a couple of years before 80s electronica started being rediscovered in a big way).

Also Nick Drake - similar story. And I guess I'd join the queue to talk to Jimi as well.

i think im gonna need to see a list of all the musicians who are dead , coz i didnt know nick drake was dead either!! (and i HAVE some of his albums!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

I'd have to interview John Lennon just to ask him what he saw in that stupid cow Yoko Ono.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Originally posted by thedrowner
    i think im gonna need to see a list of all the musicians who are dead , coz i didnt know nick drake was dead either!! (and i HAVE some of his albums!!!)

Nick drake's been dead for decades his career was only about 5 years long i think, before he commited suicide. :(

Four ppl i'd like to be alive:
    Hendrix
    buckley
    Drake
    and Mic christopher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭hmmwhat?

Hmm,

Mine would be

Nico
    Morrison
    Andy Warhol
    Rory Gallagher
    John Lee Hooker
    George Harrison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by joey D
    I'd have to interview John Lennon just to ask him what he saw in that stupid cow Yoko Ono.

Shuddup, Yoko's cool.

Nico's dead??

Wow, a brain aneurism while riding her bike eh?

God she was so beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Andy Warhol was not a musician

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Monkey
    Andy Warhol was not a musician
    True..but I bet hes hanging out up in rock n roll heaven nonetheless! He was a very rock n roll kinda guy if ya ask me.

Would I be right in guessing there's a few VU & Nico fans on this thread?

I LOVE that album, pure genius. I think Heroin is the best song I've ever heard.

And if we can count Andy Warhol I'll add him straight to my list.

P.S. I just read in that rag OK! magazine that Jim Morrison and Hendrix had a gay relationship. I don't necessarily believe that but it got me thinkin, HOW perfect would their offspring be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lisaq

OK, well I'd definitely wanna meet Jeff Buckley, just cos he's demi-god status at the very least in the music-y part of my brain...
    Also Roy Orbison,
    Jimi Hendrix,
    I dunno... morbid question!!
    But to twist this thread a little... if u had three questions u could ask to a LIVE rock star, who would u ask and what would the be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 eye_of_gold

if i could bring someone back and interview them, it would be Sid Vicious, because he was crazy, or - the man- queens freddie mercury, cos i'd love to know how he wrote the best song in the world; bohemian rhapsody. kurt cobain is also a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

yeah, almost all the greats have been taken,

of course, youve got john, elvis, phil (actually has anyone mentioned him yet (lynott that is)), frank, jeff, and what about mic?

-but i have to say that jim was just THE sexiest mutha fluffer ever! :p

and about the 3 questions thing:

1)id ask them if they enjoy being famous
    2)id question theyre integrity+art
    3)and id ask them if they wanted one of my spicy chicken wings:)
    4)id ask them to buy me a gibson les paul (that pretty little black number with the gold trimmings (oh yeah o y e a h))

ok i know thats 4 but hey...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Jeff Buckley... but I would be rendered speechless I am sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

it's impossible to boil this down to one, innit? wellllll...

freddie mercury
    kurt cobain
    elvis presley
    frank zappa (who died of prostrate cancer in 1993, drowney)
    nico
    jim morrison
    ricky wilson
    johnny thunders

and two people who weren't musicians, but who were definitely rock'n'roll

jim henson
    andy kaufman

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

if i could , id talk to:John Lennon
    George Harisson
    Kurt Cobain
    Bob Marley
    Jon Lee from feeder
    Ozzy Osbourne(give him a few days)
    All my dead relatives,rock stars or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Kurt Cobain and tell him how much i like the foo fighters :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

ok i havent been able to get to a computer in ages but i would agree that it is impossible to choose just one.

I would just even like them all just one q.......................................
    "How did u die"
    Cause so many died very strange deaths.
    esp KUrt Cobain cause i saw a documentary on his death in the IFC and it was very interestin.:confused:

Advertisement