Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

this weekend (24th-26th)

• 20-05-2002 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

events not-to-be-missed this weekend :)

Dj Zinc - Mono - fri. 24th.. from the same label as dj hype, and has worked with him on numerous occasions.. guaranteeed to be a drum n' bass sweatfest all night... ~ €15 i think.

Mr. Scruff - Whelans on sunday 26th.. gonna be playing a 5 hour set... a must for ninjatune heads out there..... or anyone into decent electronic music... personally can't wait (altho ill be seeing him again at enchanted gardens)

also the rather excellent Múm are playing in spirit on tue 28th. Icelandic band... on the same label (Fat Cat) as Sigur Ros... and similar laid-back styled music (except electronic with female vocals)... just released their new album a few days ago, and is bloody excellent (for audiogalaxy ppl: go get "green grass of tunnel" you wont be disappointed).. tickets are only €12.50 as well!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'd really like to go to that drum n' bass night,
    Also on Saturday night BK & Andy Farrely are playing Temple theatre, tickets €18 (AFAIK, ticketmaster.ie) That should be a decent enough night too, Might pop along to that if I get free tickets.. :cool: from 10pm - 3:30am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Mum are excellent, I got "Yesterday was Dramatic today is ok" the other day. Nice.

www.badtaste.dk is their record label afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye i think yesterday.. was released on that label.. they are now on fat cat tho :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Paul Van Dyke is also playing in the Redbox this Sat 25th
    Now this should be a great night too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

http://www.badtaste.dk/shop/item.php?id=215

States Mum will have an album coming out on May 27th, in Icelandic. So they're still involved with Badtaste in some way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

zinc has serious skills... imo he's one of the best big name djs around, and his production skills are tight too. its looking like i wont be able to afford to go though boo hoo....
    *LIGHTBULB* - OJ! run a competition :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Paul Van Dyk was highly entertaining.

well mr.scruff was pretty cool... was €16 in. Very few tracks from fellow ninjatune acts, concentrated mostly on reggae (which apparently he's big into these days) and jazz/funk type tracks.. with the odd hip-hop song thrown in for good measure, decent night, loads of encores.. and I picked up a rather snazzy mr. scruff tshirt and got my keep it unreal album signed so twas all good :)

so who's headin along to múm this evening? starts 8:30.. unmissable gig imo for lovers of ambient/laid-back electronica or any fans of stuff like Boards Of Canada..

• Advertisement
Advertisement